ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vBulletin 5

Dan

Valued Member
I don't know why but I am intrigued. I wish I had an extra $184 to purchase it. Perhaps I am bored and just want to play with something new.

Have you purchased it or are interested in purchasing?

Did alot of beta testing vB 5, not worth the time or effort. Many bugs!

It's a mess and at this point I probably won't ever touch.

Made the mistake of updating by board to 4.0 right when it went gold and that turned out to be a huge headache. Honestly would like to see them still support VB 4 as there's a lot of nice things they could still do with it.

Reactions: Dan
I agree. vB4 is actually a decent product right now. I am sure vB5 will be in due time, but right now....not so much

IDK....the fact that they fix over 150 bugs with each release and then 150 more pop up is scary. Plus there's no way to know how it will function on a big board and still there's no infraction and paid sub system in place.

vB4 was the exact same way. Eventually they turned it around. Right around the time they hired Paul.

I don't like vBulletin 5. I don't think I'll upgrade my board any time soon and if by the end of the year there's not a massive turnaround, I may convert my forum to XenForo, considering vB4 seems abandoned already.

Reactions: Dan
even, i have vb5 but still using vb4. not worth experimenting, i would rather prefer to convert to xenforo. great piece of script