ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you pay for a vBulletin License?

How much is a vBulletin second hand license worth?

• $0 - $45

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • $50 - $75

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • $80 - $100

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • $105 - $130

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • $135 - $160

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters

Dan

Valued Member
There seems to be a lot of myths/concerns regarding how much to pay for a vB license, so I decided to take a general consensus on what you would or how much do you think a second hand vBulletin license cost? Keep in mind This poll is for forum only licenses. If you would like, we could add a poll for the vBulletin suite license as well.

By the way, I am sticking this thread for reference purposes for those wondering how much to ask when listing their licenses.

for only:

vB3.8xxx (Expired) = around $75

vB4 Forum = $105

vB4 Publishing Suite = $130

hope that helps! :)

Reactions: Dan
hmm.. If selling a Vbulletin 4x Forum License.. it just has to be under 185$.. so the seller actually sets the price.. why is it woth 105$ then?

i am a license seller and vbulletin license second hand worth only $50-80

i already sold 2 on differ forum and no need to give a high price because its a second hand.

Not sure, but I paid 195.00 for unlimited vbulletin forum only.. so anything under 195.00 is like slap to face... because after nearly shelling 200.00 for a license that never expires and then only getting low ball shots under 100 bucks IS a slap to face. I could see if the license expired within 6 months... to offer 50 through 80 though, maybe that's even asking too much. But a license that never expires? Come on now... LOL

Just because the never expiring license is "used" doesn't mean it's not any good anymore either. And it hasn't been passed to anyone else either... So never expiring licenses is/would/should be considered like buying it brand new from vBulletin.com itself. People just like to consider things "used" to throw super low ball shot offers to people that paid full price for the licenses. It's just to get away with offering lowest prices possible to buy it... "oh, you had that never expiring license for two days and paid 195.00 for it.. but now since it's used for 2 days.. its only worth 50.00"... pfft please... cheap skates lol

I think the main reason reason vBulletin licenses sell so cheaply because you will never be able to recover the cost of the license again. vBulletin only allows a license to be transferred once. So any one buying a "second hand" license is essentially stuck with it with no monetary value whatsoever.

I kinda agree with that Dan. I'm just meaning licenses like MINE, where NO ONE BUT ME has had it, period. I'm the initial owner of license... It has NEVER been in the hands of any other user at all. So to me, it would be like selling it "freshly/ new" to someone else.. lol. xD

Like buying new 2013 Dodge Viper car today, and just because you drove it off lot to the house and tried selling it next day... "well, it's "used".. I'll give you $300 dolla!!"

Reactions: Dan
It's much worse than buying a used car. A used license has zero resale value. So yes, just be thankful if anyone offers you ANY money for it. All this slap in the face talk is nonsense. You'll know better than to buy anything from vBulletin next time.

How does it have zero resale value though...Instead of the person paying 195.00 directly to vBulletin, you're getting it super cheap and it's the same exact item / function to it? People shouldn't be buying used licenses then, and just pay out of pocket 195.00, 250.00, and etc directly with vBulletin then... I mean, if I sell my license for 90.00 and transferred the license to the next guy.. it IS a legit license, it doesn't expire at all (saving the next guy money that he don't have to pay out of pocket new)... The license is doing it's purpose, used or new... just when it's used it's cheaper rate than new rate. The whole, used car analogy wasn't right though really.. because with cars, they do break down, need new parts which makes buyer invest even more money... where as license doesn't break down, needing repaired.. It's digital, it's legit, it's still functioning as if it were bought directly from vBulletin.com new at 195.00..

i dont know why you're trying to be condescending to me though, but yes i know what it means...Whatever the persons believes it to be worth, and what it's sold for... if the "shopper" don't like it, tough tiddlywinks. I ain't looking to have some huge argument with you on here, all day, every day about this... I just saying it's BS though that people / cheap skates can try and get whatever they can for nothing at all, when the buyer pays arms n legs worth originally. It is slap to face though, because THEY weren't the ones paying the 195.00 to start with, nor any other fees or charges for whatever other items you might have purchased before. So if you bought a mansion for 1,000,000 and tried selling it next day... I'll come up and say, RESALE VALUE IS 100 buck!! Here's a check!! And you say... "okay, thank you!!" and be happy with it... NOT. Don't see that happening.. it's slap to face/insult to you. But anyway, I could charge 190.00 and say.. hey, it's 5.00 cheaper than if YOU went and directly paid for it on vbulletin!! Be happy it's 5.00 less than what I paid.. It's my resale value.

http://www.investorwords.com/6641/resale_value.html

"The trade value of a good that has already been purchased. If the holder of the good wishes to resell the good to another party, this would be the amount of money that could be expected to be made from the transaction."

No one is trying to have an argument with you, but you still don't understand the idea of resale value. To the buyer, the resale value of a second-hand license is ZERO, because he can no longer resell it. That's what trade value means. So the license you're trying to sell still has some value, but it has no trade value.

Regarding all this "slap in the face" talk, no offense, but you are now entering ridiculous/crazy territory. If people don't want to buy your stuff, that means they don't believe it's worth their money. Don't harass them or call them cheapskates. The market pays whatever the market bears.

@Dan, I'm afraid this thread is turning useless. Sellers will always say that their goods are worth a lot (like the guy above), and buyers will say that the stuff is not worth anything. Not the most impartial crowd to poll, and prices fluctuate too much anyway.