ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Do You Pay For Hosting?

Dan

Valued Member
Curious. What is everyone paying for their hosting? Is it shared, a VPS or a dedicated setup? I am not so much interested in who you are hosting with, rather than your setup and costs.

The BlueHost Price :p

Well we were on a $49 plan with Servint which was a vps. That lasted for almost a year and then we started to bog the server down. So we upgraded to the next vps up and within a day it was crashing harder then the old server did. Their next highest vps's were not worth it so I went a dedicated quad core for the time being until I figured something out. Problem with that was it was $200 a month.

I knew our site was not big enough to be on a full dedicated box yet. We ended up trying out wiredtree on their hybrid vps which is $100 a month. The big difference is we are using litespeed webserver which was an additional $15 a month. The difference though is night and day and I think we will be able to be on this server for at least a good part of another year.

Having your site be successful is a double edge sword. From day one you can't wait to be happy with 5 people online, then you hit that number and then it is 10 people and so on. Then you start seeing 200 online and it is like this is great until the server starts slowing down and then you have to shell out more money LOL. It is like a vicious circle.

OMG what a sore subject this is for me. I was with 1&1 on a dedicated server then cant even remember the reason I left went to another dedicated server that was rubbish so here I am took a backward step and went on shared with HG $9.95 a month was great till last week but although my site has a massive arcade does not have a big membership so do I go vps or suffer the shared which is now giving me problems when I run some competitions hm hm hm the vps i was looking at is $53 a month thats paying $12 for cpanel cause i just love cpanel big jump though

Usually spend 10,000$-15,000$ on the best, optimised and powerful dedicated servers.

For VPS, I spend 500$-1000$ on the fastest, 10 extra IPs, 10 TB space, and more powerful items

I don't buy shared, pretty basic to me, basically not meeting my standards.

Racksrv's OpenVZ #6 plan, their server is extremely fast/under utilized

I pay about £30 a month.

Reactions: Dan
Dedicated's Servers five of them.

prices are per month

£75,£65,£30,£11,£11

Two for website hosting, One for owncloud, and other two are seedboxes.

I have one vps 11.00 for whm/cpanel and like 15.00 for the vps I run apache and nginixcp

I personally have a VPS in a cloud setup that costs me anywhere from $40-$90 a month depending on what I am doing. For my job (web development) we have big name clients that we manage hosting for who are paying $10k+ a month for dedicated servers. It just really depends on your needs

I'm with Rackspace. I pay $29.20 a month for cloud vps hosting. Plus the cost of my cPanel license which is $14.95, plus my additional IP for SSL which is $2.00, plus my Softaculous license of $1.50. Total I pay $47.65. Be purchasing another vps for a new project some time in May of 2014 which then will go up to $95.30