Bad Habits

GamerBB

Valued Member
Apr 23, 2011
Do you have any bad habits?

I bite my nails when I'm anxious, nervous, or extremely focused. It sounds weird to bite your nails when you're focused, I know... but I usually do it when I'm hard at work on a project. It's strange but it works for me. :p People know not to come to my desk when I'm biting my nails. Haha! I hate being bothered when I'm trying to finish projects by a deadline.

Dan

Valued Member
Nov 13, 2019
I used to be a huge nail biter, have since quit because my nails were looking pretty nasty. I smoke though, extremely bad habit.

TheSilentKid

Valued Member
Apr 23, 2011
I used to smoke but I stopped last year. Slowly but surely, until I just found that its not that hard to resist anymore :) . Although after that I couldn't stop eating candy, I keep popping one after another in my mouth.

GamerBB

Valued Member
Apr 23, 2011
I used to smoke but I stopped last year. Slowly but surely, until I just found that its not that hard to resist anymore :) . Although after that I couldn't stop eating candy, I keep popping one after another in my mouth.
Really? Was that a way to help you quit smoking? My friend chews on a straw whenever he gets an urge and he says that's how he quit.

TheSilentKid

Valued Member
Apr 23, 2011
I used to smoke about a pack a day , and then when I decided I'll quit, I did it slowly. I said to myself, " Today I'm gonna smoke only 10 sticks" so thats how it started. Each week I'll try and remove one or two sticks of cigarette until I was used to smoking just 1 stick a day. The candy thing is probably a substitute for smoking, I just got used to something in my mouth .