ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a PC or a Mac?

Are you a PC or a Mac?

• PC

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Mac

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Dan

Valued Member
Which do you prefer and why? I have always been a PC, but am thinking of converting.

Which do you prefer and why? I have always been a PC, but am thinking of converting.
No, don't do it!

I'm more a PC guy.

I don't like the Mac Restrictions... I mean, in windows you can open up your PC, fuck around with it, and you can't do that with Mac ;)

I was actually going to buy a mac mini today and before I seen your post, I might have already talked myself out of it. The thought of re-buying all the programs I use and the frustration in the learning curve, I think I might stick with a PC. So confused :confused:

I'm a Mac fan ;p

I'm technically getting more and more annoyed with my windows the reason it gets slower after a little while and not a little but drastic.

A mac stays at speed most programs are being converted for it and the only downside to it is the price

I'm a Mac fan ;pI'm technically getting more and more annoyed with my windows the reason it gets slower after a little while and not a little but drastic.

A mac stays at speed most programs are being converted for it and the only downside to it is the price
Do you run both?

Yes I do ;p
Not on one Mac I may hope? :p

Anyhow, if you know how to handle Windows, it's speedy :D

Not on one Mac I may hope? :p
Anyhow, if you know how to handle Windows, it's speedy :D
Nah 2 anyway windows automaticly goes to work slower so a new reinstall mostly solves it but I don't like it.

Nah 2 anyway windows automaticly goes to work slower so a new reinstall mostly solves it but I don't like it.
Well, it didn't happen to me yet :D And I have mine for 2 years now :)

I've created my PC myself though ;)

Well, it didn't happen to me yet :D And I have mine for 2 years now :) I've created my PC myself though ;)
Me to but the main issue is probably that the pc is at my room and gets to warm with it's cpu but yeah I had it with my other pcs to.

Anyway want to know my PC hardware?

Intel i7 860 proccesor

1 TB HD (Planning on buying a SSD for my windows installation)

Gigabyte Motherboard

Gigabyte Radeon HD5770 (ATI Radeon)

8GB DDR3 1333MhZ

Thats the most important stuff but yeah.

Is it desktop PC or laptop/notebook? I use an NEC laptop, with Windows XP...have tried Windows7, but it tends to be sluggish in performance compared to XP!

Well. I just bought a mac mini (i5 version). So far I am pretty pleased, although I do not see the hype. I did, however, install Parallels with windows 7 just in case I want a windows environment as well.

pc for me mac too expensive lol but have a fair few pcs around 2 lappys 2 desktops and a touch lol how can 1 person living in a 1 bed bungalow need so many? A: cause I loves me gadgets lol

I am currently on a MacBook Pro, and I absolutely love the experience. Hoverer, unless Apple stops dumbing down the iMac line or releases a worthy replacement for the old MacPro, I am forced to go the Windows route the next time I am purchasing a new desktop PC (currently saving up). Really love the Mac OS X... and hate Windows 8 Metro-related gimmicks.

I am currently on a MacBook Pro, and I absolutely love the experience. Hoverer, unless Apple stops dumbing down the iMac line or releases a worthy replacement for the old MacPro, I am forced to go the Windows route the next time I am purchasing a new desktop PC (currently saving up). Really love the Mac OS X... and hate Windows 8 Metro-related gimmicks.
Mac Pro release shouldn't be too far away :)

Macs have changed since I last used them. I recently purchased an iMac to start learning to code for iOS and I'm kind of liking it. In all honesty, I still prefer my PC.

Everything that I like on the Mac I can probably do with a PC. What I really dig is the trackpad. I've always had serious wrist pain and long hours at the computer just make it 100% worse. The trackpad makes my long hours a lot less painful. Took a few days to get used to.

I also like just using cmd+shift+4 to take screen shots of selected areas. It's built in whereas windows requires me to install add-ons.

I still think Apples are overpriced for what they are. With what I paid for the iMac, I could have got a really high-end PC that'd have lasted me a lot longer. If Mac's are the same as 6-8 years ago, then this thing is only going to last me 2 years lol. I can't upgrade anything except ram on this and I think that's ridiculous.

I built my PC for less than $650(includes taxes and fees) and the iMac cost me $1600 (includes taxes and fees). My PC can be upgraded at any time and probably last twice as long as my iMac because of that. A big upgrade on my PC would be less than $500 (I don't demand the latest cpus/gpus. Just current for gaming and work).