ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adsense Or Sell Advertising

Adsense or Sell Advertiements

• Adsense

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Advertisements

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other, obligatory explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Valued Member
That is the question. Do you prefer adsense or selling ad space on your site?

Although I don't own a site, I would have to say sell ad space on your website. However, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's up to the website owner to decide I guess :)

I like Google Adsense But It is very difficult to register :(

This is one of the two dilemmas I am currently facing with both of my sites. I of course have no idea how to code in advertising on XF. I am open to suggestions for both side of this equation.

Well I say that I would chose adsense. I say that because you don't have to deal with finding people who wants to put ads on your site.

Well I say that I would chose adsense. I say that because you don't have to deal with finding people who wants to put ads on your site.
Very good point.

Indeed, I would prefer adsense too and much easy to earn.

Never been a fan of AdSense. I just don't want my users being spammed with GroupOn "Get a Sandwich" advertisements :p

I currently use an Affiliate Program by BlueHost though :)

This is one of the two dilemmas I am currently facing with both of my sites. I of course have no idea how to code in advertising on XF. I am open to suggestions for both side of this equation.
You are probably aware by now (or not), but xenforo now ships with ad templates to help with advertising.

Adsense will be good for the long run, but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know how you guys keep up with all these! My account gets ban after 5-10 days I add the codes to my site. I don't know why. So I have sticked to selling advertising manually instead.

I think adsense makes it easy and you can make decent money with it provided you have traffic. Once you are getting over 500,000 pageviews a month then you can start exploring other alternatives.

I don't like selling ad space because we don't make much from those ads. Yes I could raise the rates but then we wouldn't have any sponsors so we also run adsense.

Before you can be very efficient and effective with selling advertising space on your website, you must be getting a lot of impressions and traffic, otherwise you won't sell anything. If my site make at least 100k in a month, I'll be selling ad space.

Selling ad space on your website is very good if you have the activities that's going to help your ad space buyers. But if not, making use of ad sense.

Selling of ad space on your site can only be feasible if your website is having a lot of traffic and huge impressions. It's the only thing that's going to make other websites owners to buy your ad space. If not, making use of Adsense would be the best option.

Selling of ad space on your site can only be feasible if your website is having a lot of traffic and huge impressions. It's the only thing that's going to make other websites owners to buy your ad space. If not, making use of Adsense would be the best option.
This is a spot on experience that I had with my own website. I had to make use of Google Adsense for at least 7 good months before I started getting a lot of traffic on my site. It was when it became possible for me to sell ad space on my site. It paid more than using Google Adsense.