ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xenforo Lawsuit officially over

Glad to see XenForo back on the competition line. It once again confirms that vBulletin shouldn't be considered a competitor anymore...

Reactions: Dan
Glad to see XenForo back on the competition line. It once again confirms that vBulletin shouldn't be considered a competitor anymore...
Don't get confused by the feedback you read on webmaster forums, where mostly enthusiasts participate. vBulletin is still (by far) and will continue being for the foreseeable future, the market leader. It's gonna take XenForo many years (if ever) to reach the sales levels and/or name recognition of vBulletin.

As much as I love vBulletin, I've used it for 8 years, I think XenForo is a superior product and I'll probably switch my main forum to it in the following months, but, being superior has nothing to do with sales. I think XenForo could be more of a competitor to IPB.

Anyway, this is great news. I'm glad to read development will continue, I'll definitely take advantage of the $110 offer and finally get my license.

All vB has to do to lose more market share is keep pushing out unfinished products. IPB gained the most market share when vB4 was released. Hopefully, now that the suit is over, XenForo will pick up the marketshare of vB5

I seriously doubt it will take years.

The difference in license sales between vBulletin and XenForo is huge, it doesn't matter how bad vBulletin 5 gets and how good XenForo gets, it's impossible XF reaches the sales levels of vBulletin in less than a few years, that's not even considering the fact that vBulletin is backed by a huge company like Internet Brands, while XenForo is just 3 people.

It'd be great for the forum software market if XenForo becomes that big in less than two years, competition is the best thing for customers, but it won't happen.

Don't get confused by the feedback you read on webmaster forums, where mostly enthusiasts participate. vBulletin is still (by far) and will continue being for the foreseeable future, the market leader. It's gonna take XenForo many years (if ever) to reach the sales levels and/or name recognition of vBulletin.
As much as I love vBulletin, I've used it for 8 years, I think XenForo is a superior product and I'll probably switch my main forum to it in the following months, but, being superior has nothing to do with sales. I think XenForo could be more of a competitor to IPB.
I don't read any feedback. At the current rate vBullein isn't a worthy competitor, no matter how many sales it got. Its not the only factior. :rolleyes:

A worthy competitor to what then? make you and me happy? They only care about the money and they are winning that competition hands down. They have lost a lot of customers indeed, but they are still way ahead in the game.

What about IPB? I'd imagine they got quite a lot of new sales from the VB4 and now VB5 fiasco.

Our sales inbox can attest to the daily people switching to us from vB. Just sayin'
wink.png

You can still see here how many people are looking for vB license. They just don't do their homework (google is your best friend), before they buy their first forum software. Most of us know which of the forum softwares is the better, but that is not enough. vBulletin has its name which sells. XenForo is just not so well known and that is the biggest problem and I have to agree with @@Elmore that it will take years until XenForo will reach the sales of vBulletin.

Every forum like this, which has a sales section, should in good conscience, have a warning up about Vbulletin 5.

May seem a little over the top to some, but the software isn't fit for purpose and people should be warned before being burned, which they are daily I'd imagine.

Every forum like this, which has a sales section, should in good conscience, have a warning up about Vbulletin 5.
May seem a little over the top to some, but the software isn't fit for purpose and people should be warned before being burned, which they are daily I'd imagine.
The truth of the matter is, there are some forums running vB5 successfully, whether people want to believe it or not. I (personally) am in complete agreement that vB5 is not the best product by far that vB has ever released (granted I have only played with an early beta), however, stating as such could be grounds for libel and defamation. I am not going to take any "official" stance on the matter. If members wish to discuss such matters on my forums, it will be allowed (to a certain extent), but officially, ExtraLicense.com will not release any official statement on the matter.