ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you pay for a XenForo License?

What would you pay for a XenForo License?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Valued Member
You have no doubt seen the "What would you pay for a vBulletin License?" thread, now it is time to explore XenForo. With the pending litigation and uncertainty of development, it would be nice to gather some data regarding the perceived value of a second hand XenForo License. Please vote and reply with your reasoning behind your choice. This poll assumes the license is active (don't have to renew before transferring). Thanks!!

$80 used to be the going rate, but if you've been following the lawsuit, it doesn't look good. 50-60 is about right for a piece of software that has halted development and has no future updates coming down the pike at this time.

I'm already a Xenforo customer but if I was to buy another one, say for a LC forum I'd pay $70-100 since you save money.

Old post, but giving some life to it. I would have to say 80 to 100. That's how I see them.

But this does not make sense. If you pay 80-100 for a used licence and and the licence has to be at least 120 days old to be able to transfer it, you need at the end to add 40 USD for a renewel. Which is then in total 120-140 vs. 140 brand new. The price advantage is not enough for all this hassle. On top you are not allowed to sell it a second time, so you can not recoup your investment later on.

So I do think, depending on how many months are left before you have to renew, 50-75 USD is a more realistic price. So if 8 months are left, maximum 75 USD. But I tend to bid lower because of the above reasons.

Now this is interesting.

From what I've seen on the threads selling, $80 seems to be the average cost.

This is something everybody has to decide for himself. But if I buy second hand, it has to make sense financially. I do not see any sense to buy it for 80.- or more as explained above.

If there would not be the restrictions of the 120 day rule, it might be different. Then 80.- might be a good price.

But fo 8 months of support left, and zero resale value vs. 140.- with 12 months full support AND with resale value, it is easy to choose between these two options ;)

The 4 months you loose are worth around 46.- USD. So 140-46= 94.- USD. But no resale value.

New: 140.- minus resale value of i.e. 50.- = 90.- USD cost. Same cost, but no risk.

Looking at these numbers, you are better off to buy new vs. saving only 10.- USD if you buy used for 80.-

Status
Not open for further replies.