ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vBulletin Licenses no longer transferable?

Dan

Valued Member
According to Wayne, vBulletin license transfers are a thing of the past, unless you live in the E.U.

I am positive that they realize however (am I giving to much credit?), if you have purchased a license prior to Sept 1st, 2012 (the date of amendment), you should still be able to transfer said license since you agreed to the prior licensing agreement, not the new one. Still looking for clarity on that one though. Oh and by the way, if you are in the E.U. and meet all the requirements to transfer your license, it's going to cost you $45.

yeah i just heard about this, it's a bunch of crap. someone said what they were doing is, change the email address, name in customer area.. give the new license buyer the changed info and password and the new buyer of license can just take over the acct.. lol

yeah i just heard about this, it's a bunch of crap. someone said what they were doing is, change the email address, name in customer area.. give the new license buyer the changed info and password and the new buyer of license can just take over the acct.. lol
Thats the way you used to have to transfer IPB licenses.

You can't change the email address or name in the Customer Area anymore. You have to create a ticket request for that.

You can't change the email address or name in the Customer Area anymore. You have to create a ticket request for that.
dang, you serious??? was this changed just recently then?

I don't know. I just bought a forum where somebody just unofficially gave me their account. I poked around in account history and saw that they attempted to change the name by emailing vBulletin, and vB replied and said it needed to be done officially or something to that extent.

I was just reading that. lets see what answers you get.

Edit - By the way, only licensed vB customers are going to be able to see that thread.

Reactions: vVv
I don't know. I just bought a forum where somebody just unofficially gave me their account. I poked around in account history and saw that they attempted to change the name by emailing vBulletin, and vB replied and said it needed to be done officially or something to that extent.
not sure either really, because if I have the password and license / customer number to access the member area.. just pass that to new license holder.. and wash hands clean. lol.

I was just reading that. lets see what answers you get.
Edit - By the way, only licensed vB customers are going to be able to see that thread.
yeah.. :)

Interesting update. The license agreement in my members area, the one you have to agree to to download vB, is the old agreement allowing transfers. Wonder if you had purchased vB5 if the license agreement is the new or or old agreement? :confused:

Reactions: vVv
The Latest from Zachary:

As of right now, there are technical problems with making license transfers. There has also been a change in policy regarding vBulletin 5 at this time. When we have further information we will make it available.
So if I am reading his response correctly, it appears that the new agreement will only apply to Vb5 on onward.

The Latest from Zachary:

So if I am reading his response correctly, it appears that the new agreement will only apply to Vb5 on onward.
yeah, i'm assuming that as well. just for version 5.x and onward.

So it appears that the new policy/agreement does in fact limit itself to vB5 and onwards. Even the staff @vbulletin is not quite sure the rest of the details. So we are officially in a holding pattern until there is an official announcement.

So it appears that the new policy/agreement does in fact limit itself to vB5 and onwards. Even the staff @vbulletin is not quite sure the rest of the details. So we are officially in a holding pattern until there is an official announcement.
yeah, but with them over there.. we could be "holding" forever...sigh.. lol.

From the way Wayne talks here... https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/407504-How-is-this-license-different-from-all-other-licenses?p=2337487&viewfull=1#post2337487 The licenses are separate, in which means... the two licenses are handled accordingly. So sales of vB4 licenses/trades/etc with vB4 license should still be allowed / sold / transferred as normal. Even if the license was SOLD, it could be transferred to another person anyway.. as long as "buyer" gets the customer number and password from original license holder.. they/new license holder/buyer logs-in to members area and changes name/email address and etc themselves.

Please show me the part of the member area that makes it possible to change your name and email address.

It could be good thing however I would hope they would consider making license transferable if they don't I can for see less sales.

You can change the email address anytime, but you can not just request them to change your name. You need a very good reason for that (with proof, like you married ... etc). And by the way, you are not allow to sell registered account information, it's illegal. Better to deal with people from Europe for vBulletin 5 license transfer.