Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Twitter - Why do you follow the people you follow?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    8:33 AM
    Do you follow your friends on twitter? Do you follow people who share the same interests as you? Do you follow people in the same industry as you? Is it a mixture of all three? Have you ever unfollowed someone? Why?

The above questions are to provide insight and possibly shed some light on why people use the Twitter service. Some of my followers are completely volatile. I will gain 3 followers a day and then lose 2 of them the next. Do they not like my tweets? Are they no longer interested in what I provide? Did I piss them off? No idea. What are your thoughts and what trends have you noticed on your twitter account?

2. Mogoko

Mogoko New Member

Local Time:
    2:33 PM
    So that they follow back!

3. Clark

Clark New Member

Local Time:
    2:33 PM
    I do it so they follow back to be honest but I think it's more important to find those that you have a common interest with. Although most of the time my feed is absolutely cluttered with garbage. It's that aspect that needs changing. More control over what content is posted in your feed would be nice just as you have control over your friends on Google Plus or Facebook.

In terms of it's core setup you would think they would have that already but hey I'm not complaining just adding my support. :)