ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Portal Or To Not Portal

To Portal, or To Not Portal

• Portal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Portal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Question

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Obligatory Other - Please Explain

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Valued Member
I am having a huge internal debate with myself regarding the portal used here, or on any site in general.

I am not talking about any portal in particular, just the general portal. Is it best just to land on the forum list page or is a portal useful? I cannot decide whether I like it or not. Does it provide useful info? I guess. Is it unnecessary? Maybe. What do you think?

I like the portal and thought about adding one of my forum but came to a conclusion not to. Why? Well, my forum is my homepage, like EL, the main focal point. I think it's important to focus on the forums and gain activity and a strong member base before adding features like a portal. It seems to pull attention away from the forum a bit and when you're just starting off it can really have a negative effect. That's my personal opinion and why I decided to use it yet. Also, if you have the same content on the portal for awhile it can look bad. It's good to have high activity so every time you return to a portal your members will see something new.

Reactions: Dan