ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion. License verification by mods

kjaonline

Valued Member
I would like to suggest that the mods take a hand in the actual purchase/selling of the licenses. Since you guys are mods, I think the seller and the buyer are confident enough for you guys to verify the licenses they have at hand.

A simple post on a thread by the mods with a verified license would be great to increase the sense of security that the buyers/seller have.

What do you guys think?

@kjaonline When we first opened Extra License, I emailed the top three developers, vBulletin, Invision, and Xenforo and asked if they would expose their API's to us to be able to do just that. My thought was that the seller could enter their license info in a hidden field. If the license was verified as transferable, the post would be marked "Valid" and the buyer could see the validity of the license very easily. However, the developers I that I did receive a response back from denied us access.

Having said that, there is no way to us to verify the validity of the license. The only thing we could do to help is ask members to post up a screenshot of their member's area but even that could be easily circumvented.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you for the quick repsonse.

Another suggestion to mitigate this is to be the middle man in the purchase perhaps? I'm more than willing to pay a 3-5 dollars to make sure my transcation pushes through and not get scammed. Or better yet have some trusted users that you guys promote.

I don't really know lol. I think you guys would be the ones who'd have the better solution and I'm sure you've already thought about what I suggested.

Cheers and hopefully I get to buy my license soon too :D

I have requested a couple of things from the dev's that could help out. Will keep this thread updated as I get answers.

As far as Extra License becoming the middle man, That is not going to happen. If we had access to the database of customers from the script developers and can oversee the transfer, then maybe, but they won't give us that access (understandably). If I do not have full control over the transfer, I will accept no responsibility. Way to much liability for something I have zero control of.

However, I may have a solution to try and help. Will keep this updated.