ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some suggestions from a fellow member

Andrej

Valued Member
First of all I have to say that the concept of Extra License is great. I love the idea, so simple as it is. (y) to Dan.

I have some suggestions for improving the site/service or what thou is it called. :) Of course I don't really expecting Dan to follow all those suggestions, but it never hurts to leave them for discussion. Its just suggestions and we all can have a different views on things and how one runs the site! I respect that.

1. "General Website BS"

I think there is astonishing number of unneeded forum sections present, which forms the "General Website BS" category. There is little activity, and I think most of those Webmaster-alike forums should be a home on other sites specially dedicated for that. Specially the introduction forum.. The main purpose is sale/trade/buy of licenses anyway..

I would suggest only leaving those forum sections intact:

• Site Feedback (called Bugs/Suggestions/Feature Requests here) - well duh.
  • Installation/Setup Help - I dont think I need to explain this either, because there will be always a need for setup assistance when someone buys a 3rd hand script license.
  • General Chat/Discussion - Where people can discuss the different scripts or just discuss off-topic topics.
  • Forum announcements (Hear Ye Hear Ye) - It could be consolidated with site feedback or left with own forum...

I also thought that the Installation/Setup Help could be merged with Miscellaneous Services and named "Services" or something similar.

2. Use of Notices System

http://extralicense.com/pages/terminology/

I think this could be moved and shortened a bit down to a notice displaying in all relevant forums. Or maybe putting it in navigation bar or any other more visible place. A warning about purchasing/trading licenses could be also handy. Well basically making the obvious a bit more visible.

3. Sidebar

Well pretty minor here, but I could think that "Active Latest Listings" could be moved up to be more visible and removing "Recent Status Updates" and maybe the "Forum Statistics" as well. Not sure of the purpose of "Promoted Accounts", I think it takes too much place. etc.

I think I had more, but at the moment I am blank.

Best regards,

Andrej.

Reactions: Dan
Just quickly reading through your suggestions, I am in agreement with most of them. Was already planning a "refactoring" of sorts to accomplish many of your suggestions. I will be referring back to your post when I get the time to implement my plans. Thanks!!

Started making progress on some changes. Far from done, but progress none the less.