ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reliable Host?

GamerBB

Valued Member
Do you know of any reliable host? Any recommendations?

I'm currently using HawkHost and they have been decent so far but every once in awhile GamerBB (my forum) won't load.

I've also used Blue Host on my previous forum "Higher Culture" and they were great but required that I pay a year worth of hosting up front which I don't want to do again.

Host Gator is also a good option and I've heard of them but their cancel procedures suck. :p

Any others out there?

I use Surpass Hosting and have for many years. They are OK. Quick to respond to service tickets. Performance is better than average I would say. I will put it this way: I haven't looked elsewhere as of yet.

I use Surpass Hosting and have for many years. They are OK. Quick to respond to service tickets. Performance is better than average I would say. I will put it this way: I haven't looked elsewhere as of yet.
Thanks for the share, I will have to check them out because I'm thinking of switching host. I just hate the hassle of domain transfers and purchasing new hosting.

Thanks for the share, I will have to check them out because I'm thinking of switching host. I just hate the hassle of domain transfers and purchasing new hosting.
Where are your domains registered? You shouldn't have to transfer domains, just update your dns with your current registar. As far as hosting, any reputable hosting should help, or completely execute, transfer your sites to their servers.

Where are your domains registered? You shouldn't have to transfer domains, just update your dns with your current registar. As far as hosting, any reputable hosting should help, or completely execute, transfer your sites to their servers.
Oh really? I bought my domain through Hawk Host. That wouldn't require it to be transferred?

hmmm. Not sure how they handle their domains. If you can, transfer your domain to someone like namecheap.com so that it doesn't matter who your host is, you can just update the DNS through their Control Panel.

hmmm. Not sure how they handle their domains. If you can, transfer your domain to someone like namecheap.com so that it doesn't matter who your host is, you can just update the DNS through their Control Panel.
Good idea, thanks. I think I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. :)

Reactions: Dan
I'm currently making use of BlueHost and their services is very good. You can also check out SiteGround, it's a very good alternative too.