ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music first for video editing?

GloryAngel

Valued Member
Do you choose the music first when doing video editing? Or do you lay out all that you want to do and rework the design to fit the music later once you figure out which one you like?

I recently did a quick promo for someone and I had the music that I loved and created the video. That person didn't like the music! So I had to rework it all again with a different score.

I usually work on the music last because it's kind of the easiest part for me when it comes to video editing. Also whenever I'm working for a client, I usually make sure that I get details on all the variables they would prefer me to work it including songs they fancy.

I do them simultaneously,I just make the edit and then add the sound or music and but I don't add the sounds after I'm done merging or editing the videos.