Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Is Seo Even Necessary Anymore?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    12:11 PM
    I throw a question out to the "experts": Is SEO even necessary anymore? Seemingly more and more, search engines are becoming more and more efficient and complicated with their algorithms, making the days of most optimizations obsolete.

What do you think?

2. Joe Ward

Joe Ward New Member

Local Time:
    1:11 PM
    Evolving, but certainly not obsolete. =)

3. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    12:11 PM
    Hi Joe
    Welcome aboard. Well I consider you one of the experts, having spent a lot of time using vBSEO, and I appreciate your response.
    In your opinion, what exactly would be the number one priority for webmasters to pay attention to when optimizing their sites? Google is doing such a great job, it seems, in sifting through the bs on any given page and indexing the relevant information, or is it that devs are righting these scripts with a more conscious mind set toward seo that the end user doesn't have to do much these days?

4. Clydesdale

Clydesdale New Member

Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    I am new to the world of forum style site building. I have heard that SEO is important, but then I hear it isn't. I am not sure how to optimize my sites for search engines.

5. hassen10

hassen10 New Member

Local Time:
    1:11 PM
    I don't think it is obsolete I just think it is deteriorating...

6. zZJoennZz

zZJoennZz New Member

Local Time:
    2:11 AM
    It's not necessary but this is important if you want more traffic to your site, but this is a good method.

7. Assasinday

Assasinday New Member

Local Time:
    11:11 PM
    not necessary, there are so many techniques of SEO which are still kinda effective .. Do it professionally and it will work :) SEO requires patience and long-term commitment ..