• Please use the marketplace application to buy,sell or trade any items you have. Swap shop forums are now used for general software questions and answers only..

Extralicense is not involved in any transaction. We are not involved with shipping, payment or any other part of your transaction with a buyer or seller nor are we responsible in any way for refunds or items not delivered,we are just a gateway to help you find what you need and for informational purposes.

Is it worth using VB 5?

Welcome To Extralicense, Forum Promotion, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting & More!

Buy, sell trade your licenses,Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Learn and share with us!

Nova

Valued Member
Mar 23, 2022
Hi, these days many forum admins and the developers prefer the Xenforo and the IPS. And not a lot of people prefer moving to the VBulletin. Also the price continues to stay high for the VB. And I am not sure if it's profitable to buy and maintain the VB.

What do you think? Is it worth getting VB?

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Leader
Valued Member
Mar 23, 2022
vBulletin has seriously quality concerns these days, they started in vB4 and were horrific in vB5, they have slowly worked to iron them out, but the fact that they could release software that was so atrociously buggy and incomplete feeling shows that they really don't put quality at the forefront of their decision making. It's a shame, considering where vBulletin were under Jelsoft, with such a fantastic team working to build a solid product consistently, but at least we get that with XenForo :)

Is it worth it to invest in vB license? At this point, it's probably ok to use vB5, since there's been plenty of time to work on it, but it's going to be one of those situations where you have to decide for yourself if you want to go that route. It's not for me.

bharath

Valued Member
Mar 29, 2022
It is not good to invest with them as I lost hope when it went into the new owner hands. These new developers doesn't made as per the people requirement and the dsign structure was so horrible. I dont know what is the current status and what was their goal for developing it.