ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you replace your personal computer?

Sharon

Valued Member
I tend to upgrade every 6-7 years myself. I've had my MacBook Pro since 2014 I believe. ...but it's still working fabulously. I imagine I won't upgrade until I can inherit my husband's newer MacBook Pro - I'm a fan of this model.

My current PC is a little more than six years old, and yes, it's time to build a new one.

My life when it's my tech we are talking about, if it's not broken, I'm never changing it. If it's functional for 100 years, I'm going to keep using it as long as it serves my need.

My PC is starting to show its age lately, soon be time to think about replacing it.

5 years is the maximum I can use mine and I'm having it changed. There was even one time I used one for just 3 years and changed it.

I have a new ROG laptop that does all of the high-end stuff I need, my other laptops and PCs are a little older but still run windows 10, and one has 11, like I posted above I do need to build a new PC soon.

We go as long as we can. We don't upgrade to upgrade. The reason we got a new computer is because the other one kept revving. It was extremely loud. We had it fixed a couple of times but after awhile, you just have to break down & buy a new one. So for us, it's when it can't be fixed anymore!

As long as you keep upgrading and updating everything that needs to be on your system, you should be able to use it for more than 6 years. My current system is going to be 5 years next year and I have no plans to change it yet.