ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free or paid forum software?

Heatman

When it comes to setting your forum, do you always go for free forum software or paid forum software? What usually make you to choose free forum software over the paid one's and vice versa? Personally, I'm all in for the paid forum software because there's no downside of using them.

For a new starter in the webmasters industry, I would have to start out with a free forum software and get accustomed to how everything works before I would switch to a paid forum software. It's better that way for me to be on the safer side in case things doesn't go way, I wouldn't lose any money but only the time invested in it.

I used free software for a short period in the early 2000s however been using IPS and XenForo for many years. :)
I like IPS and XenForo, just need to look at what you need and the costs.

I used free software for a short period in the early 2000s however been using IPS and XenForo for many years. :)
I like IPS and XenForo, just need to look at what you need and the costs.
XenForo is clear cut my favorite when it comes to forum software right now. Irrespective of its cost, it doesn’t change anything with how I feel towards the paid software. It gives you more than you require to run your forum.

I've used free forum software for years now, but I finally got enough money to purchase a Xenforo license and I'm definitely happy with my purchase! I've been wanting to try out Xenforo for years, I have used IPB in the past but they just became too expensive for me to keep up with. Free software such as SMF is great, but I'm very happy with Xenforo and it's my favorite forum software now. :)