ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Censoring

Steve Moore

Valued Member
Love how I had my privileges to edit my homepage, post a status, or edit my signature was revoked for being unlicensed and letting those who follow me on XenForo know my new site. So what if I'm unlicensed, it is my profile where I have followers.

I'm curious to know if anyone thinks they were in the right or if I should be allowed to do what I want on my own profile page on XenForo.

I for one think claiming it is advertising is false and it is always Jeremy that sends me PMs like he is the only one that is a moderator. Over reach of power, possibly, am I paranoid, possibly, do I care sorta. The thing that bothers me most is this was an issue on vBulletin with Jeremy always finding reasons to contact me and now on XenForo.

I told Jeremy I can still develop mods for XenForo on a friends license as I have it in a password protected directory.

Ok I'll stop ranting. :D

What happened? So if you aren't a licensed xenforo customer you don't have access to your profile?

I was posting a link to my new site and what is going on with my XenForo mods on my profile. Jeremy called it advertising and removed it so this time I just put up my link and left out the stuff about my mods. They removed my access to update my status or personal details.

You and your friend are currently in breach of the license agreement, hence account limitations.

No we're not, by me having access to his test board then that does not breach any license agreement as long as the board is password protected. So registering here just for that purpose was a waste of time.

Best part of all is that Jeremy sent me a PM on XenForo stating the reason was advertising not what he stated above.

Anyway, I'm done with my rant, figured he would register just to post but I feel better now.

I would read the conversation again. The initial posts were removed due to advertising development without a license. Restrictions were placed (mind you, with staff discussions before hand) once it was determined there was a breach, not before.

Well cleary there is more to the story than I relaize, :p @@Steve Moore , is your "friend" a license holder? @@Jeremy That "rule" makes complete sense to me. You can't actively create addons or advertise withouth a valid license?

No. Without being licensed, a member isn't to have access to code under the license agreement. Steve isn't the first, nor will he be the last that we remove posts and content about development based on license status.

Reactions: Dan