ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot sell or transfer old vBulletin 4.X or 3.X

JS7319

Valued Member
I stopped using my vB license back in 2010 and since then I've had the intention to sell it.

Just today, I discovered that I couldn't sell an inactive (owned) license. And if I wanted to consider it, I had to upgrade at $249.

I really don't want to start wasting time creating another forum for the sake of using a license.

But in all honesty, why can't I 'transfer' it to someone by giving my login details and change the email?

It's not called "transfer" if you are giving your account (login details). And it's not legal. Buying account information is not legal to do so.

Why is your license inactive ? I just don't get it. vBulletin 4.x license has no expiration date. It's lifetime license for its current verson (4.x).

It's inactive in the sense that I hasn't been updated. That is, I haven't decided to upgrade, so its 'expired' meaning I don't have access to the latest vB. It's confusing terminology that vB uses.

Well, I had this reply from support today:

Hello,

You have an "Owned" licenses. What is inactive is your access to updated versions.

Yes you are allowed to transfer your license. When you are ready to transfer create a support ticket requesting the transfer. You will need the full name, email address, mailing address, and phone number of the person you are transferring to.

There is no fee to transfer your current VB 3.x license.

So with that to clear things up, I guess I can now list my license for sale!

As I mentioned, there is no expiration date for vBulletin 4.x. Your thread title says vBulletin 4x or 3x so I thought you were referring to vBulletin 4.x version.

I work with buy & sell vBulletin license day by day so I know their transferring policy.

There is an expiration date listed in the members area, for me its Jul 27th 2010. It's referring to the expiration of updates. As I own the license, that itself isn't expired. I have access to download 3. & 4.