Are you a PC or a Mac?

Are you a PC or a Mac?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a PC or a Mac?

• PC
    • Mac
    • Other

I use both so I chose other.

My Mac is out of commission for now, have to get a few parts for it and before anyone asks yes I know how to repair Mac's. Otherwise my Mac would be my coding laptop and my PC for gaming/streaming. Unfortunately, my PC is coding and gaming/streaming which I just built a new PC so I can handle more games for my live stream.

Overall Mac has a learning curve which is true but if your tech savvy you get passed that curve within a month or less. PC's can get bogged down but with my new setup I went with an SSD boot drive which has kept my PC from starting slow and my secondary drive is HDD so it loads programs from it and only have to defrag after I install a new program because I store all my coding on an external so I don't have to keep accessing my HDD forcing it to write to new blocks.

Phew think I'm done.

I dont like slow support of MAC builder to make possible running all windows app smoothly on their product without remove their style...

Don’t ride in front of me… I may not follow, Don’t ride behind me… I may not lead, Ride beside me… and be my brother

~ Stick Together and Stand as Brother~

BB Brotherhood

I am a PC guy as well. I use MacOS X 10.11 sometimes (virtualized) for certain things, but I am mostly on Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Howewer, I can`t understand why there is a war between both, when they are meant for different usages. Windows is the jack-off-all-trades, with excellent softwares for pretty much everything and gaming capabilities. Mac, on the other hand, lacks a wide variety of softwares, but all the few ones are extremely decent (sometimes better than the Windows counterpart). So, for professional usage, Mac kinda "wins". And MacOS rarely crashes, making it the perfect companion for a developer. The layout by itself is less distractive, and kinda helps when you can`t concentrate very well. For general usage, Windows wins easily. For certain usages (programming, video editing, audio editing and a few more things) Mac wins. BUT, certain Linux distributions do the same thing for free, allowing you to enjoy some of these "MACish" features on a normal PC. Still, video and audio editing are definitely better on Macs. Linux unfortunately lacks some decent audio-visual softwares.

Turns out that it is all about personal preference.

I run both. I prefer macOS for daily use, but I also have a custom-built desktop for gaming and anything else I need Windows for. I feel there are pros and cons to both platforms, although everytime Microsoft releases a new update to Windows I seem to like macOS more and more. I'm not a fan of the direction Apple is going in hardware-wise with their machines, though. And a lot of die-hard Mac "fanboys" feel the same way.

Mac = Graphic/Design (Anyone that mainly work on photo and video editing) e.g. Adobe/Final Cut Pro

Windows = Everything else. (Gaming/Workstation/3D Rendering) e.g. Autodesk

Usually people with Mac owns Windows as well or at least have Windows installed as a virtual machine/secondary boot.

I prefer windows because of gaming.

On 4/30/2017 at 6:57 PM, Coonnnoor said:

PC of course, Macs are overrated and trash.

Got one going on 7 years...Still as fast and good as when i bought it...Before I got the Mac I was buying Windows machines every 3 or 4 years...The junk is a Windows machine especially if you like buying a new computer every 3 or 4 years. But all that said you can get a bad one in any of them....