Dan

Are you a PC or a Mac?

Are you a PC or a Mac?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a PC or a Mac?

• PC
    • Mac
    • Other

Which do you prefer and why? I have always been a PC, but am thinking of converting.

No, don't do it!

I'm more a PC guy.

I don't like the Mac Restrictions... I mean, in windows you can open up your PC, fuck around with it, and you can't do that with Mac ;)

Problems? Questions? Anything else? Feel free to send me a PM. We're here to help you.

Have we provided a service for you and you wish to say thanks? Donations are always welcome.

Author of the topic Posted

I was actually going to buy a mac mini today and before I seen your post, I might have already talked myself out of it. The thought of re-buying all the programs I use and the frustration in the learning curve, I think I might stick with a PC. So confused :confused:

Author of the topic Posted
I'm a Mac fan ;p

I'm technically getting more and more annoyed with my windows the reason it gets slower after a little while and not a little but drastic.

A mac stays at speed most programs are being converted for it and the only downside to it is the price

Do you run both?

Yes I do ;p

Not on one Mac I may hope? :p

Anyhow, if you know how to handle Windows, it's speedy :D

Problems? Questions? Anything else? Feel free to send me a PM. We're here to help you.

Have we provided a service for you and you wish to say thanks? Donations are always welcome.

Nah 2 anyway windows automaticly goes to work slower so a new reinstall mostly solves it but I don't like it.

Well, it didn't happen to me yet :D And I have mine for 2 years now :)

I've created my PC myself though ;)

Well, it didn't happen to me yet :D And I have mine for 2 years now :)

I've created my PC myself though ;)

Me to but the main issue is probably that the pc is at my room and gets to warm with it's cpu but yeah I had it with my other pcs to.

Anyway want to know my PC hardware?

Intel i7 860 proccesor

1 TB HD (Planning on buying a SSD for my windows installation)

Gigabyte Motherboard

Gigabyte Radeon HD5770 (ATI Radeon)

8GB DDR3 1333MhZ

Thats the most important stuff but yeah.

I am currently on a MacBook Pro, and I absolutely love the experience. Hoverer, unless Apple stops dumbing down the iMac line or releases a worthy replacement for the old MacPro, I am forced to go the Windows route the next time I am purchasing a new desktop PC (currently saving up). Really love the Mac OS X... and hate Windows 8 Metro-related gimmicks.

I am currently on a MacBook Pro, and I absolutely love the experience. Hoverer, unless Apple stops dumbing down the iMac line or releases a worthy replacement for the old MacPro, I am forced to go the Windows route the next time I am purchasing a new desktop PC (currently saving up). Really love the Mac OS X... and hate Windows 8 Metro-related gimmicks.

Mac Pro release shouldn't be too far away :)

Macs have changed since I last used them. I recently purchased an iMac to start learning to code for iOS and I'm kind of liking it. In all honesty, I still prefer my PC.

Everything that I like on the Mac I can probably do with a PC. What I really dig is the trackpad. I've always had serious wrist pain and long hours at the computer just make it 100% worse. The trackpad makes my long hours a lot less painful. Took a few days to get used to.

I also like just using cmd+shift+4 to take screen shots of selected areas. It's built in whereas windows requires me to install add-ons.

I still think Apples are overpriced for what they are. With what I paid for the iMac, I could have got a really high-end PC that'd have lasted me a lot longer. If Mac's are the same as 6-8 years ago, then this thing is only going to last me 2 years lol. I can't upgrade anything except ram on this and I think that's ridiculous.

I built my PC for less than $650(includes taxes and fees) and the iMac cost me $1600 (includes taxes and fees). My PC can be upgraded at any time and probably last twice as long as my iMac because of that. A big upgrade on my PC would be less than $500 (I don't demand the latest cpus/gpus. Just current for gaming and work).

Red Dead Forums - XenForo 1.1.4

Game Freeze - XenForo 1.1.4

Proud XF customer and supporter :love:

I am a Mac guy through and through. I run my MacMini in my living room as a webserver, htpc, and minecraft server. Although a little confusing at first, the Server app for Mac isn't too bad. It doesn't give you access to a full cpanel type interface. But, if you know how to install php and MySQL yourself (which you should, being here) it isn't bad at all. I use a freeDNS server and GoDaddy to point my domain. It works pretty smooth.

I converted 100% about eight years ago. I am pretty okay with it. Nothing you can do on a PC that I can't do on my Mac. And if you think there is, Parallels will say otherwise. :p

I also run a Raspberry Pi. So, I am mostly a *nix guy these days.

Techno Nook

Your online hideaway!

Admin

I want to get a mac because their are certain apps that i want but they are only available for mac. Right now i'm a pc guy :)

spacer.png

Extra License Staff | Extra License Middle Man

Did you know we offer a Middleman service?

Submit a middleman request here