ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XenForo vs vBulletin 5

tonjegram

Valued Member
Those of you with experience with both XenForo and vBulletin....

What are the main differences?

I need a Forum and Gallery for a scrapbooking site.

I have some experience with vB and remember you could (in Admin) edit almost every string of viewable text.

Today I tried out the demo for XF and tried looking for the same option, but never found it.

I also have experience with PhotoPost Pro Gallery.. which I thought was fantastic. (No longer for sale)

After testing the XF Gallery I wondered if I should stop looking for PhotoPost Pro License and just go for XF.

As you maybe already figured out English is not my first language, not second neither...

I don`t understand if you are required to buy updates fees every year OR can pay if you want to update.

Will XF work without updates?

Also, does anyone know if there is a demo for vB 4 or 5?

Xenforo will definitely work without updates just like the same way vbulletin works without updates too. But whenever there's an update for Xenforo, you should get that done because it makes it a lot more better.

There's no questions for me when it comes to choosing between using Xenforo and vBulletin 5. Xenforo is what I'm very conversant and used to plus, I think that more forum owners make use of XenForo.