Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

XenForo & vBulletin License Transfer pitfall to be aware of...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WenM, Sep 5, 2011.

1. WenM

WenM CuteXen Designs

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    Having had this experience recently, it is right that I advise you all of the following before you jump in and buy someone's 'license' without getting the License Number and transfer verified by either vBulletin or XenForo Support!

1. XenForo & vBulletin operate the following Transfer Rule:

Original License Owner: A limit of one transfer per license.
    Second Owner: You will NOT be able to transfer/sell this license in the future.

be sure to ask the Seller concerned whether they are the Original Owner, and get them to post a screenshot of vBulletin or XenForo's License number, and then confirmation about the Transfer eligibility from vBulletin or XenForo, before you proceed to pay !

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    11:42 AM
  3. WenM

WenM CuteXen Designs

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    Having been scammed last week, I'll add the two most important things to ask from the Seller:

1. License Number
    2. License Account Holder's Address

with these two details, take them to vBulletin Support and get them to check them...once they confirm all is fine, wait, DO NOT part your money until vB send you the Offer of Transfer from the Seller!