Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Xenforo License

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cluster, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Cluster

Cluster New Member

Local Time:
    12:06 AM
    Hello,

I am curious as the agreement for XF says 120 days is that after the purchase? I do have a license that is available but I can't seemingly get a straight answer.

2. Mac Miller

Mac Miller Member

Local Time:
    would you be interested in trading?

3. Cluster

Cluster New Member

Local Time:
    No trades. I am closing down my web sites due to health reasons.

4. Mac Miller

Mac Miller Member

Local Time:
  5. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    The license is eligible to be transferred 120 after the initially purchase date, not before.

6. vVv

vVv Member

Local Time:
    1:06 AM
    That's a bit too long to have to hold onto license though too. Because the guy isn't currently using his license/XenForo software.. he's actually having medical issues and wants to get rid of it asap to use the money towards medical bills or whatever. Plus, the longer it takes / time wastes 120 days.. is shaved off for the buyer to be able to use license / put software to good use...it's basically like saying..."Can transfer license after 11 months, in one month the new license owner needs to pay 40.00 for year update fees.." Because updates aren't freely given by them anyway when they should be regardless. Why are people charged for updates though? It don't make sense.. When someone buys lifetime license, the updates should be slapped in there regardless freely... Members shouldn't be paying developers money because devs can't get their software coded correctly from get go... "Well, because we can't code properly and put members through all these issues cause they're using OUR software in first place... we'll charge the customers for our screw ups and coding updates.." >_>

7. Svoboda

Svoboda New Member

Local Time:
    1:06 AM
    How much longer until you've owned it 120 days?

8. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Moved to general chat since the OP hasn't really offered the license up for sale or trade.