ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you host your site?

Dedicated, VPS, Shared, Cloud?

• Total voters

Dan

Valued Member
Just want to get a general idea of our members hosting. Do you use a dedicated server? VPS? Shared? Not interested in who you host with, just your package.

I don't really understand the difference between them all, I usually choose the cheapest which usually turns out to be shared..

So I usually just choose shared !

I've been using a low end VPS since April, but I was using a shared plan before that. I upgraded due to a big increase in traffic on my site. :)

I was using a VPS but since the site is no longer active, switched it to a shared hosting for the new domain.

I don't really understand the difference between them all, I usually choose the cheapest which usually turns out to be shared..So I usually just choose shared !
There is vps hosting which gives you more flexibility in terms of what you can do with your website. Shared hosting is good for those who don't want the hassle of sifting through vigorous configuration and security parameters. I choose to respond to your post because I am a new member, looking to buy a license...and I have experience with VPS and shared ;)

Generally shared to start. Financially it's the way to go and I often keep local backups of my work. When or if it excels, I will then migrate it to a VPS or Dedicated, to a cloud even,

I've been using a VPS, since there is a lot more flexibility in terms of running other software like the server for a multiplayer game I am working on.

Reactions: Dan