Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Expired XenForo license for $60

Discussion in 'Completed XenForo Transactions' started by RedCat, Feb 11, 2014.

1. RedCat

RedCat New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    As the title says.

2. Reevesy

Reevesy New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    1:26 PM
  3. RedCat

RedCat New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Successfully made a deal with @ReevesyReevesy - this topic may be locked.

4. RedCat

RedCat New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Update: @ReevesyReevesy has scammed me. He initially gave me the account details and I logged in successfully etc. But after 10 minutes he changed the passwords and everything and I now lost access to the account and 60 dollars. It's not really a problem since I can just tell Paypal and/or my bank to give me the money back, but yeah pretty annoying lol.

5. TuN3R

TuN3R New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    Well guess i am on same boat as well ! Time to claim Dispute i guess.

6. PBD

PBD New Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    I suspected something was up when I was asking him questions about the license and he was telling me how he had multiple licenses. Glad I passed on this. I did find a lot of information about him though. Seems odd that someone would scam with such a big footprint on the net. If anyone ripped by this kid needs his personal contact info, please contact me.

7. RedCat

RedCat New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Aye it seems an extremely stupid thing to do with so much information of yourself on the web. It could be that the real scammer was not that person either and that there is a much bigger thing going on but I sorta doubt it and this is probably just one stupid kid thinking he could get away with it.

8. RedCat

RedCat New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Still looking to buy one for $60.

9. TuN3R

TuN3R New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    Yup the guy turned out to be scammer ! He duped me as well . Just got the message back from xenforo .

It appears this license has already changed hands once (incorrectly via an email change and not a transfer) so we will not be able to transfer the license.

Regards

10. Malcolm

Malcolm New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    8:26 AM
    The best thing to do, is change the password and the primary email. Or contact the software/license provider to identify if the seller actually has the account.