ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free forum equivalent to Paid

jason05

Valued Member
Do you think a free forum script can be made equivalent to paid. Or Paid is paid, you get what you pay for?

Well, people get paid because of the one-on-one support. On the hand, with free you have to go to a support forum. Also, the paid stuff has more built-in features. Nonetheless, though, free has mods that aren't difficult to install usually. Finally, paid stuff is better updated. Well, that's what is claimed. However, personally, I don't think getting hacked on free is more a chance than on paid, assuming your passwords are largely unbreakable.

What is the answer to this question? The answer is dependent on the owner. If the owner is a skilled at DIY, then he/she would be better off with free I think, unless they have an affinity for the looks of a paid software.

A free forum software can never be the same thing with a paid service. If that happens as such, there wouldn't be any needs to pay for their services. The support of paid forum software is always far more better than what you get in using free softwares.

Do you think a free forum script can be made equivalent to paid. Or Paid is paid, you get what you pay for?
There's a reason why a paid forum script is a paid one while the free one is a free one. I'm never interested in using free forum scripts because of its downside. If it's not Xenforo, I'm not interested.

For paid you actually get what you are paying for but for free you only get to use what you is made Available to you by the service providers.