ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you usually go to purchase domains?

Sharon

Valued Member
In the past I've used Wordpress for blog hosting and went through them directly for a domain. Are there any better alternatives? I don't want to be charged twice which I've managed in the past somehow.

I have a guy or domain broker that sells me domains via email other wise for just buying domains namesilo, cloudflare, namecheap, domainsite all very good and trusted places to buy domains. i suggest matching prices to some places are lower priced then other places

When I first started hosting it was GoDaddy, which did not last long.
I use Namecheap for most of my needs.:)

I purchase them at Namecheap. It's a habit. I mean, I suppose better deals might be other places. Anyway, the best deals are always on Black Friday or maybe something similar, but I don't bother to wait, lol.

I have a bad habit of purchasing domains sometimes and not doing anything with it. lol I did make a social/general forum once and generated enough interest to be able to sell it for $50.

Donald Duck Money GIF

My brother have at least 5 domains currently and he's purchased all of them from Namecheap. According to him, It's the very best place to get your domains for a better offer. I'm still planning on getting one and I would be making use of Namecheap too.

I still continue to use NameCheap for domains, the site is easy to manage and it only takes seconds to purchase and set up.

I have a bad habit of purchasing domains sometimes and not doing anything with it. lol I did make a social/general forum once and generated enough interest to be able to sell it for $50.

Donald Duck Money GIF
I do that too, i am into domain flipping. I make a good research to.know if the domain name has a good search engine results and if my predictions are right I just buy the domain and I could even sell it up to $300 or more at times to website owners who wants to use this domain name for their business website .

I think many of us do it, have a great idea, and jump on the domain then change our minds.
I kept a few of them however most I usually just let expire, maybe I should list them instead of just letting them die.

I always go with Namecheap to purchase my domain names. I did use Godaddy once, but I'll probably never go with them again. You can get pretty decent deals at Namecheap, hence it's name plus you can find coupons to make your domains even cheaper. I don't think I've ever purchased extra domain names though, I usually just wait until I get an idea for a website and go with that.

I always go with Namecheap to purchase my domain names
I've never had an issue with them for the years I have been hosting, I do have a few at my host that I wanted to try.
Most people won't purchase domains from their host but again I've never had an issue with my host. :)

Godaddy reminds me when I first bought a domain I believe that was the first place I bought one from.

GoDaddy was one of the first ones I started using but now I use NameCheap. Both are pretty good and I have no complaints about either. I really need domain privacy so that's something that always needs to be considered when getting a new domain. The cost is also a big one to consider and a .com isn't so important these days.

When I first started hosting it was GoDaddy, which did not last long.
I use Namecheap for most of my needs.:)
From my experience with using GoDaddy, it's the worst service that you can use for any of your webmaster activities.

I can't even think about it twice. If it's not Namecheap, I would make use of BlueHost.