Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

What Is The Largest Forum You've Owned?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GamerBB, Apr 23, 2011.

1. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    5:53 AM
    For me it was my forum HCNET (Higherculture.net) which was closed due to staff shortage. My staff slowly but surely became unreliable due to personal life issues and in the long wrong it hurt the forum. We were about 4 months old with 15,000 post. I could have just hired new staff but I decided I wanted to create a gaming forum instead of a general forum and find reliable staff. So that's what I have done and it's going well thus far.

What's the largest forum you've owned?

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    I am hoping it is going to extralicense.com :p I think the biggest I have running right now is 8900 threads

3. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    Wow, 8900 threads is a lot. Congratulations on the success. I can only imagine how many post you have.

4. au662

au662 New Member

Local Time:
    6:53 AM
    Currently my biggest is 85916 Posts in 11835 Topics by 10214 Members. But definitely not in 4 months, that's quite impressive GamerBB!

5. Mrs.C

Mrs.C New Member

Local Time:
    I have only had one forum that is currently 8 months old Discussions 4,191 ,Messages 52,688, and 334 members with about 15 to 20 of them being daily contributors.

6. Kirk

Kirk ExtraLicense Moderator Staff Member

Local Time:
    For me i've never really had a big forum. I'm trying to start up one but I just got a big pile of work to do. 6 websites, 1 premium plugin to develop and college work. I love my life :D

7. Eric

Eric Member

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
    Not a forum, but my biggest website was about 30k users.. If you remember Stickam.com I was running the official custom profile theme generator for the site for about 6 months before they built their own. The site was linked in the user profile area.. I was getting no less than 30 new users within any 24 hour period regardless of the time or day for the entire run of the site.