Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Welcome To Extra License

Discussion in 'Hear Ye Hear Ye' started by Dan, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    We would like to welcome you to ExtraLicense.com.

Funny story of how we came to exist. When XenForo was declared stable on March 8th, I purchased an additional license (my third) just to say thank you the the dev's for creating such a great piece of community orientated software. So I was thinking, what do I do with this extra license. Understand now? :p

Anyway, I have been in the situation where I wanted/needed to sell off some of my vBulletin Licenses, and most of the popular sites which allow this, you either have to have a minimum post count or have to pay a fee before you can even list your item. NOT HERE. This is a 100% free service. We are donation and advertisement based so feel free, if we have helped you out, to kick something our way.

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Ok, So I opened early. I have no patience. I will be working on this site while live so if you are seeing something goofy, please let me know.

3. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Local Time:
    8:35 AM
    Congrats on the launch, XenForo looks very good on here :) I also like the concept of the site. I've posted a few suggestions in the "General Chat" board :)

(btw, if you're looking for traffic, check out postloop - should give you a little boost, seeing as I noticed you opened early)

4. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Hi Mikey, will check out the suggestions. Thanks!!

5. Jono

Jono New Member

Local Time:
    7:35 PM
    Congratulations on the launch :) Can't wait to see many new updates to these forums, and the website :)

6. GamerBB

GamerBB Active Member

Local Time:
    Congratulations on the launch and great choice of software. :) One quick suggestion, maybe add board descriptions. :) I'm having a hard time trying to differentiate between "Way Off Topic" and the "General Chat" boards. If I post a topic in the wrong section I apologize ahead of time. :)

7. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
  8. Clydesdale

Clydesdale New Member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    I too am working on my site while it is live, as I have no patience either. I do like your concept! Have you thought about expanding to other areas and have people sell other licenses on here? The site looks great!

9. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    I do have a "other" forum so pretty much anything people want to buy/sell/trade.
    I have inquired to some of the software manufacturer's to see if they would code an API to check the validity and transfer eligibility of licenses so that we could incorporate that here so you exactly what you are buying. No response yet.

10. hassen10

hassen10 New Member

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    Pretty nice site! Pretty amazing! :) Congrats on the launch this site is pretty good.

11. Joel

Joel New Member

Local Time:
    This is really a great site, and a great idea Dan! I love the unique name too:p

12. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Joel!

13. Joel

Joel New Member

Local Time:
  14. NellyD

NellyD New Member

Local Time:
    Great idea for a site. If there were just a few more sellers :) I travel around the web and try hard to get another XF license but most times someone just grabbed it a minute ago lol.

Anyways, maybe I will have more luck here.

Again, great site idea!

Nelly

15. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Thanks NellyDNellyD for the kind words, and good luck finding a XF license.