vBulletin License for 3.X and 4.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS7319

Valued Member
Apr 25, 2014
I am selling my old vBulletin license. I originally purchased the license for 3.X but then renewed it once to get access to updates and found that I also have access to 4.X. It is an owned license, so will never expire, and you can continue to use it indefinitely.

The license to updates has already expired. That means you cannot get the newer version, the latest version you can get is 4.X with this license.

It is able to be transferred, and I am confirming this with a statement from the support team below.

I am accepting offers for the license, but nothing idiotic. Sensible offers only please.

Hello,

You have an "Owned" licenses. What is inactive is your access to updated versions.

Yes you are allowed to transfer your license. When you are ready to transfer create a support ticket requesting the transfer. You will need the full name, email address, mailing address, and phone number of the person you are transferring to.

There is no fee to transfer your current VB 3.x license.

Capture

Capture2

_Kevin

Valued Member
Apr 20, 2014
If the license is expired is it still useable? How much are you looking to get?

JS7319

Valued Member
Apr 25, 2014
Yes, it is still usable. It just means you can't get the latest version.

Somewhere around $100 probably (looking at what others' are worth)

KakersUK

Valued Member
Apr 28, 2014
So the latest available download with your license is 4.0 if I wanted to get 4.2 I would have to upgrade/renew the license. Would renewing the license give access to 4.2? How much do they charge? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

JS7319

Valued Member
Apr 25, 2014
4.0.5 Patch 7 is the latest.

If you wanted anything higher you basically renew for the latest version of vB 5 which is in the region of about $200

Capture10

hlgaskins

Valued Member
May 9, 2014
I am selling my old vBulletin license. I originally purchased the license for 3.X but then renewed it once to get access to updates and found that I also have access to 4.X. It is an owned license, so will never expire, and you can continue to use it indefinitely.
The license to updates has already expired. That means you cannot get the newer version, the latest version you can get is 4.X with this license.

It is able to be transferred, and I am confirming this with a statement from the support team below.

I am accepting offers for the license, but nothing idiotic. Sensible offers only please.

Hello,

You have an "Owned" licenses. What is inactive is your access to updated versions.

Yes you are allowed to transfer your license. When you are ready to transfer create a support ticket requesting the transfer. You will need the full name, email address, mailing address, and phone number of the person you are transferring to.

There is no fee to transfer your current VB 3.x license.

hlgaskins

Valued Member
May 9, 2014
Did you use vBulletin 3x to up grade to vBulletin 4 or are the two separate purchases and licenses? I'm asking because I upgraded from vB3 to vB4 and I can only use one of them at a time.

iHunterJ

Valued Member
May 12, 2014
Take it to PM hl, I need clear communication to purchase his license. Thanks.

hlgaskins

Valued Member
May 9, 2014
As for updating to vBulletin 4.2.2 I already have a lifetime license and able to download the latest versions.

JS7319

Valued Member
Apr 25, 2014
Did you use vBulletin 3x to up grade to vBulletin 4 or are the two separate purchases and licenses? I'm asking because I upgraded from vB3 to vB4 and I can only use one of them at a time.
This was a very long time ago, I must have renewed the license at some point so they are the same licences which access to the early 4.x released.

Status
Not open for further replies.