Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Not Verified vBulletin 5 Platform - $150

Discussion in 'Completed vB Transactions' started by Samm, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Samm

Samm New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    Hello. I am Sam. I am a 19 year old webmaster and film maker in New Zealand who is wanting to make an advertisement for a WTS.

I am selling my license for the vBulletin 5 platform I've had for a few months now. I have found out I have passed the waiting period to be able to transfer it so I am able to fully transfer.

Am selling so I can get the funds for the Xenforo platform as I prefer that these days.

It expires June of next year.

I would like 150 but I am able to negotiate within reason.

Payments to be made through the Paypal.com system only and I would require payment before I send the item. So even if you made a deposit of 50% before you get the item then pay the balance once received we can do that too.

2. Samm

Samm New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    I can't do a screenshot but here is what they said.

"Hey Sam,

Yes it is able to be sold and you are welcome to sell for any amount you desire.

Thank you,
    Sarah
    vBulletin Customer Service Team"

3. Z47

Z47 New Member

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1

Local Time:
    4:30 PM
    Moderators may need to ban this user as he appears to be a scammer. This is a copy of the private conversation:

Samm:do you want a cheap vbulletin

Z47:How cheap?

Samm:how cheap do you want it

Z47:Well ive purchased 3 vb5 licences in the last month so have no need now for another so the most i can pay you is $55.

Samm: please sed the payment to my Paypal and I will send it to you.

Z47:Hi, just a few questions before we complete the deal.

Are you the first owner of the licence?
    Have you asked vb if you are allowed to transfer the licence for free?
    Can you post a screenshot of the licence from the members area?

Samm:First owner.
    Yes, have asked them.

sammeadow097@outlook.com

All yours once you do payment.

Z47:Ok thanks, can you do a screenshot of vb confirming it can be transferred and a screenshot of the licence from the members area? I also notice you say it expires in june 2015, I thought vb licences did not expire?

Samm:They don't expire.

I can't do a screenshot but here is what they said.

"Hey Sam,

Yes it is able to be sold and you are welcome to sell for any amount you desire.

Thank you,
    Sarah
    vBulletin Customer Service Team"

Z47:Why cant you do a screenshot?

Samm don't know how the email should be enough.

I have to go soon and would love to get this all sorted for you before then but you are being a little difficult.

Samm:You'll get a full refund if you're not happy.

Z47:Why cant you do a screenshot of the email and the licence from the members area?

Samm:I dont have the time for that you either want this or you dont it's simple.
    I copied/pasted the email to you.

Z47:Okay ill send the money soon.

Samm:Thank you.
    Do you knowwhen so I can get it all sorted for you.

Z47:I can do it in a little while. Can you provide the licence number so I can use it as the payment reference in the paypal payment.

Samm:Just put vBulletin in the payment reference please.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. Samm

Samm New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    I am not a scammer. I just want to do a quick deal with you and you're being extremely difficult. Please consider our deal to now be invalid for posting this. I have left our conversation so I do not wish to continue this any further with you. I am after buyers who do not want to waste my time.

5. Z47

Z47 New Member

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1

Local Time:
    Extremely difficult by asking for proof of ownership? Sure buddy.

6. Akbar

Akbar New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    Yes he is scammer plz ban

7. Samm

Samm New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    I am not a scammer I have not got any money from anyone so that's a start. I also have a legit license. You two are now excluded from this deal.

8. Akbar

Akbar New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    Why u r not sending screenshot of link and you send me other vbulletin staff message and to this person other

9. Z47

Z47 New Member

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1

Local Time:
    Its a completely made up email. He CAN NOT provide a screenshot of the email because it doesn't exist. VB staff do not type emails like that. This guy is a complete fraud.

10. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Local Time:
    10:30 AM
    For future reference, It is ok for the potential buyer to obtain from the seller the license # of the license. Buyer can then email vBulletin directly and ask the status of the license. Again, it is ok for the seller to provide the potential buyer the license number of the license. This is the proper way to verify a license.