Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Completed vBulletin 4 License

Discussion in 'Completed vB Transactions' started by ThisBoss, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    11:50 AM
    Greetings Citizens!

I currently own 2 vBulletin 4 licenses, with the ability to download the vBulletin 3 series, the software is worth £156 ($240 ish) on the vbulletin website, and i'm looking to sell it for around £70.

For a quick response feel free to add me on skype: ForumBoss

2. ced

ced New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Local Time:
    6:50 AM
    I might be interested

3. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    Add me to skype, thanks.

4. Vincent

Vincent Here to help

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    12:50 PM
    Please let us know when it's completed. Let's hope vB handles it quick!

5. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    They usually respond to support tickets rather quickly, and i'm from England.. so fingers crossed they transfer it within 24 hours..

But yeah, had a few people add me on skype making an interest, then backing out at the last minute by making up some silly excuse.
    really hate it when people waste your time.

6. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    Update: I've received funds from cedced ($100) and have contacted vBulletin to begin the transfer process. They responded to my ticket within minutes, but before the process could be carried out they needed contact details for the buyer, which took a good hour to get as he was slow at giving the needed information, and I managed to respond an hour after their initial reply.

Not awaiting for vBulletin to get back to me on the transfer process, although 3 hours have passed now since I last had a response from them.. I figure it's because they are on some sort of lunch break..

7. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Local Time:
    5:50 AM
    Sounds like everything is moving along. Congrats to you both and don't forget to leave each other feedback once the deal is complete.

8. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    Was all going smooth until cedced couldn't be patient and allow upto 24 hours for the transfer to happen, (which is the minimum time you should allow when buying goods like this) it's been just a few hours, and he's already files a dispute through Paypal.. Not my fault the person who took the ticket is offline and unable to process the transfer until he returns, lol.

I'm now with the choice of adding the $100 from my bank back into paypal and refund him and stop the transfer, or go with the flow and hope he cancels the dispute when the transfer has taken place.

9. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Local Time:
    cedced whats the deal? ThisBossThisBoss posted in this thread that he received the money from you and that the transfer was in process. What happened?

10. ced

ced New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Local Time:
    I simply put a hold on it to make sure my money stay in his paypal account until I receive the license as stated in the dispute.

Everyone should do this to avoid sellers to spend the money and scam buyers. If he transfer the liscense, paypal would close the dispute in his favor.. I dont even understand why i have to explain this.

11. ced

ced New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Local Time:
  12. ced

ced New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Local Time:
    Wow there so many cons when buying a used license:

It outlines our license transfer restrictions, including a limit of one transfer per license. You will NOT be able to transfer this license in the future.

In addition please note that since chargebacks can occur up at any time after a purchase, there is a slight possibility that the person you are purchasing this license from may issue a chargeback against their original vBulletin purchase - thus invalidating the license being transferred to you. In this event, you would no longer be allowed to use the license. Please note that this has occurred in only a small number of cases but it is something we feel you should be aware of.

Also if the old owner continues to use this copy of vBulletin and this license is being used on more than one site, this may result in the license being revoked.

In addition in some cases the owner may dispute that this was a valid transfer. We do everything we can to ensure this doesn't happen but we cannot guarantee that it won't. If this happens the transfer will be considered fraudulent and the license will revert back to the original owner.

Im still proceeding and crossing my fingers that Craig is a legitimate seller.

13. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Local Time:
    that is just vBulletin scare tactics (which I totally understand). They obviously want you to purchase a new license from them. It does, in fact, take all of the "worry" out of purchasing a license, but that doesn't mean that there aren't decent and honorable people still left in this world. The deal in question seems legit.

You may have jumped the gun though on the hold. That, in turn could have scarred ThisBossThisBoss a little. #my2cents

14. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    it has lol, just hoping that he'll lift the hold once it's been transferred later today.

15. ThisBoss

ThisBoss New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    Transfer of the license is complete, just awaiting for the hold on my account to be cancelled.

16. ced

ced New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Local Time:
    Transfer completed.

Dispute lifted.

Where do I rep this gentlemen?

17. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Local Time:
  18. Kirk

Kirk ExtraLicense Moderator Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Local Time:
    cedced underneath the checkmark minus and i you should see Add Feedback. Congrats ThisBossThisBoss and cedced. Moving this to completed and don't forget to leave each other feedback.

19. Altun

Altun New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    2:50 PM