• Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
  • I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post

Update vBulletin to 4.2.3 -->> 4.2.5

Bubba

Hi,

I inherited a forum many years ago from a previous owner who is not contactable anymore.

I have a vBulletin Customer Code, and I'm running vBulletin 4.2.3.

I don't have access to member section of the vBulletin website, and vBulletin support team won't give me access either.

Is it possible to grab the newer 4.2.5 files from somewhere and just use my current Customer Code/Licence to install them?

Or do I need to use the exact files that are only available from the members section assioated with that Customer Code?

Thanks!

Bubba

nvrmd.

I got a hold of the previous owner and got access to the members section.

The question is still valid though, on a curious basis. Does the forums software need to be installed on the same domain as the one registered with the Customer Code?

Bllack Tiger

1.) You can only upgrade if the official license also would have been valid for 4.2.5. As far as I know it can be seen if you install or upgrade with somebody else's files.

2.) Yes, basically the forums need to be installed on the same domain as the one registered with the customer code. However it's possible to change the installation domain. You can easily change the installation domain name in the member area. This way you can install on any domain you choose.
Just take care that on any server only 1 version of your installation files exists and the correct installation domain is noted in the members area.