ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphic Design

I am horrible at design. I have adobe photoshop cs4 but have no idea how to use it :p

I am horrible at design. I have adobe photoshop cs4 but have no idea how to use it :p
Haha, it's definitely something that requires a class or a lot of time. I taught myself and got into it about 6 to 7 years ago. I was 13 or 14 and I joined multiple graphic design forums trying to find any and all tips I could.

Reactions: Dan
Haha, it's definitely something that requires a class or a lot of time. I taught myself and got into it about 6 to 7 years ago. I was 13 or 14 and I joined multiple graphic design forums trying to find any and all tips I could.
I have nothing but respect for designers. You either can do it or you can't. Coders can poke around on the code and eventually get something working, but designers...

I salute you. :) . You basically taught yourself how to designs? Awesome. :) How much money do you get and how much time do you spend for each work?

I salute you. :) . You basically taught yourself how to designs? Awesome. :) How much money do you get and how much time do you spend for each work?
I don't do major projects because I do work full-time but I have done quite a few banners that take about 15 minutes of my time and I usually pocket $20 to $25. It really helps out with promoting my forum and of course with personal life things such as gas.

I don't do major projects because I do work full-time but I have done quite a few banners that take about 15 minutes of my time and I usually pocket $20 to $25. It really helps out with promoting my forum and of course with personal life things such as gas.
So for 15 minutes work you get $20-$25 ? Where'd you find the people you design for?

Nice . A little pocket money for 15 minutes of your spare time is always a good thing
:D . Aww I wish I at least tried to learn how to design when I had the time :|. Never knew people would be willing to pay me to design banners for them. Never knew where to look anyway :D

It's hard to find work. I used to look all day for jobs but eventually I just did them as I came across an opportunity. It's not to late to learn. Just download Photoshop and use tutorials.