What's new
  • Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
  • I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post

WTS Selling license vb5 + suite + no branding (european) for $150

Alexbuy

Local time
Today, 18:17
FROM VBULLETIN.

In addition please note that since chargebacks can occur up at any time after a purchase, there is a slight possibility that the person you are purchasing this license from may issue a chargeback against their original vBulletin purchase - thus invalidating the license being transferred to you. In this event, you would no longer be allowed to use the license. Please note that this has occurred in only a small number of cases but it is something we feel you should be aware of.

Also if the old owner continues to use this copy of vBulletin and this license is being used on more than one site, this may result in the license being revoked.

In addition in some cases the owner may dispute that this was a valid transfer. We do everything we can to ensure this doesn't happen but we cannot guarantee that it won't. If this happens the transfer will be considered fraudulent and the license will revert back to the original owner.

pier

Local time
Today, 17:17
FROM VBULLETIN

Before transferring the license, we will email the prospective new owner the details of the license. Once we receive confirmation from them, the license transfer will occur. They will be emailed with their new customer number and password.

License transfers can only be performed once the license is 90 days old.
All licenses can be transferred only once, with a fee of $45.
The exceptions are licenses purchased by customers with EU billing addresses. If an EU customer transfers to another EU customer, the license can be transferred again.
If an EU customer transfers to a non-EU customer, then the license is no longer eligible for transfer.
If a non-EU customer transfers to an EU customer, then the license is no longer eligible for transfer.
For a license to be eligible for multiple transfers, it must originate in the EU and remain in the EU.

Cobalt Chameleon

Local time
Today, 10:17
Ok it seems i got scammed out of one of my licenses.
Licenses have been transfered and i got a reply from Josha that he feels sorry but can't transfer the license back.
I'm a little confused. Can you show me the ticket where I said this? That Katty person was interested in a license from someone named Matthew, but that didn't go through. Is that you?

pier

Local time
Today, 17:17
FROM VBULLETIN

Because of a large amount of fraud relating to license transfers, we have a policy regarding the transfer of vBulletin licenses. We regret if this causes a problem, but this is necessary to protect not only ourselves, but the purchasers of licenses who are victims of these scams.

The policy states:

If you are the original licensee of the Software, you may make a one-time, permanent transfer of your license rights in the Software to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") provided that five (5) conditions are met. The conditions are: (a) you are the original licensee, (b) the Software was purchased by you more than 90 days prior to the transfer, (c) you do not keep a copy of the Software for yourself, (d) the Subsequent Licensee agrees to the terms of this Agreement and the License, and (e) the Subsequent Licensee agrees to assume your license rights in the Software, excluding this transfer right.

For sake of clarity, the right to transfer the Software belongs solely to the original licensee; the Subsequent Licensee is prohibited from transferring its rights to any third party. You must disclose the domain where you are using (or plan to use) the License, which may be disclosed in the vBulletin registered members area. You may set up one additional temporary test forum for the purpose of testing code, template and database modifications. Such a test forum must be password protected, and not made available to the general public at any time.

*Please note, leased licenses are obsolete and not eligible for transfer

Mike77

Local time
Today, 19:17
Called Paypal today.
Basicly some monkeys at work without brain.
So they claim if i can't deliver a tracking number they will refund the money (already done).I explained its a software license which is not possible to be sent via a courier service.They basicly don't care.
My guess is its because of the new protection terms of paypal for digital goods.It only covers buyers but not sellers.

Since it was my last license from vbulletin i will leave that board as i have nothing to sell anymore.
Thanks to all the previous buyer for your honest transfers.
Personly i switched everything from vbulletin to xenforo and i didn't regret that move.
Wish everyone good luck and be aware of the new intangible terms of paypal which basicly makes that every seller can get instantly scammed.

bugoutgirl

Local time
Wow Mike, that's awful and I am sorry.

I thought this would be a slam dunk for you. Especially since your buyers last post was "I'm ignoring you forever!" lol. If I was ripped off personally, I wouldn't ignore the person at all I would fight to get my money back. That post is what made me realize that you are the one being honest in all this.

It sounds like Paypal needs to get their shit together. They need to inspect each case individually instead of having a blanket set of rules for everyone, enforced by trained monkey bots.

As an established eBayer, I have to say that there have been several new rules with eBay that make it more of a risk to sell than it is to buy. If I sell an item and it gets lost in transit somewhere, I am now forced to refund the buyer 100%. The seller can then also give you a negative rating and call you a scammer even after you've given said refund. eBay seller fees have also become draconian as well. They disguise it by offering free listings but once you sell something, they own your soul.

I understand that we all want protection against scammer sellers... but these changes have not eliminated scamming, they have merely introduced scamming on the buyers end.

The online marketplace just isn't what it used to be.

Cobalt Chameleon

Local time
Mike77 I am still wondering what went on here. I work for vBulletin (so I should probably stay out of it), but based on the info I was given by Katty, I never located an account for you, if you are the same person. Was your account/license on vBulletin-Germany?