Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Not Eligible Selling brand new licence (April 21st)

Discussion in 'Completed XenForo Transactions' started by my1es, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    Selling my brand new Xenforo licence. I bought it to port over my large vBulletin for speed improvements but it creamed by SEO and I lost a ton of traffic. Looks like I'm stuck with vB.

Just bought it 25 days ago, it's brand new. I'd like to get $110 for it.

I'm pretty sure it's transferable. I can edit the domain in the Customer Area and just swap out the passwords and email to yours. Not sure if there is more of a process then that?

Attached is my account screenshot. Paypal only. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    It's not transferrable. It won't be eligible for 120 days after purchase to legally transfer it, however someone may be ok with taking over the account. Just wanted to pint that out.

That is to be expected, however if you had the proper redirects in place, your site should rebound fine if given time. I don't think you gave it a fair shot, but I understand. Good luck with the sale.

3. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Hey thanks for the words Dan. I did install all the correct redirects however I saw no improvement within a weeks time. Also I didn't like the new URL structuring and it was impossible to redirect to the correct postID since there was a #<ID> on the vbSEO I was using. These factors have redirected my opinions on the software switch.

4. Caljinar

Caljinar New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    Hey my1es,

is the license still available? If yes, then please send me your validation token per PM or here in the thread so that I am able to check if everything is fine. I am going to send you my offer by PM after checking the validation token.

Thank you very much in advance
    Caljinar

5. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    1d5bda179a9c6457a3d063873f23fd90

I don't see the big deal with this transferable bs, just change the domain and swap out the login details. I bought the licence I can surely do what I want with it.

6. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    I'll take $100 for it.

• I am Interested I am Interested x 2
    • List
  7. Fexxor

Fexxor New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Does this include the Resource manager or any other addons?

8. Piers

Piers New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    3:35 PM
  9. swooshy

swooshy New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Message me if it is still for sale.

10. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Ok so I've waited out the struck up 3 month rule, taking bids will sell July 19th and finally loose this crap (sorry the software is great, customer service terms pretty crap).

11. ricky92

ricky92 New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    What I suggest is to change the email address linked to the account to a brand new one, which you will sell along with the license. Nobody will take a license that is still linked to your email and that you could reclaim from time to time... Afterall, on the 19th it will be one month until the license becomes transferable. If you can do that, I'll probably make a bid (unless I manage to find a license before).

12. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    of course the email will be changed. c'mon buddy.

13. ricky92

ricky92 New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    I didn't say that just because I like to state the obvious, but because of an experience I've had: if the support team sees a sudden IP change (even coming from a different contry, perhaps) in an account which requests an email change (they don't allow automatic mail change, you'll need to submit a ticket for that), they might refuse to do that for security reasons. The situation I found myself in was that I had to accept taking the account as it was, without the email being changed, and in the end, just a few days ago (just about a week before it would become transferable), the previous owner requested a password change and locked me out of the account, so you might understand why I'm this paranoid about the situation (the seller will find a nice chargeback in his paypal account, though, so no worries).
    If you can confirm you've already changed the email to one that you will give access to the buyer, then I'll make a bid. Otherwise, just forget about this conversation ;)

14. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Consider it forgotten.

15. MCBuild

MCBuild Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    So is it still up for sale? Will you lower the price?

16. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
  17. MCBuild

MCBuild Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Local Time:
    Hmhmh.. I'll think about it.

18. 0xy

0xy Active Member

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0

Local Time:
    I'd gladly pay $100 if you could somehow guarantee me you'd complete the transfer on August 21st (120 day mark) into my account. I can't just take an account and change an email to call it mine. I'd need original transaction ids in order to finish the transfer into my account otherwise the license is stuck in a sort of limbo, which i don't want :(

19. my1es

my1es New Member

0   0   0

Local Time:
    Oxy if your still looking August 21st it's yours. I have support ticket open, we will get it officially ported over to you.

20. 0xy

0xy Active Member

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0

Local Time:
    Yeah if I still need one by then. Feels like I might. I keep getting offers but it's from super suspicious people so I avoid it lmao. OR they're trying to offer me IPB/VB licenses. I want xf dangit! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.