ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proboards

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
I have a Proboards forum. What I like about it is it's for people who don't have experience with coding. I know some people don't care for these because you do become limited. There's also nothing like owning your own forum.
I'm actually used to Proboards, the style, features, but I do have it in the back of my mind, if my forum expanded, to own my own. Only problem with that, Proboards doesn't allow you to move over to another platform so anybody who wants a change, would have to start over from scratch. Hopefully they'll change that rule. For other free platforms, here's a question: Do they allow you to move over?

Like yourself I use Proboards. I've never attempted moving my content to another service. I have no issues with Proboards despite others claiming how out-dated the software is.

Hearing that word ProBoards just brings back the good old days. when I was like 15 years old running forum it's pretty sweet to see they are up and running and have made some updates

I know a few admins that have sites there, I'm told they were making a rather large update to version 6 however I'm not sure if it happened as of yet or if there is a planned date set.

I haven't considered making use of ProBoards but I have been involved in at least 5 forums that makes use of it. I must say that it looks good enough with how it's set up and the navigation system of the software is quite easy to make use of.

I've used Proboards before in the past, I do like how they have a global account that shows all the different proboards forums you've joined. I think it's great for those who don't want to worry about installing and updating their forum software, plus it's easy to get plugins and themes. The only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to pay if you want to use a domain name. You also can't move to a different platform if you wish later on.

I've used Proboards before in the past, I do like how they have a global account that shows all the different proboards forums you've joined. I think it's great for those who don't want to worry about installing and updating their forum software, plus it's easy to get plugins and themes. The only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to pay if you want to use a domain name. You also can't move to a different platform if you wish later on.
I like the Global Account as well & the Dashboard feature.
That is something I learned AFTER the fact. I can't move over. I hope V6 allows for that.

I like being a member on some ProBoards forums. It's really easy to use and has a lot of the basics that we've come to expect from free forums. Sometimes, when you're into just having conversations, you don't need all the bells and whistles. Proboards keeps it simple for a reason and most of the sites load rather quickly.

Proboards forum software is the first free forum software that I used some years ago. It's gotten better now because I have seen a few forums that's set up using ProBoards and they look very good.

I have joined a few forums in the past which uses the proboards software and though they look really basic but they are quite durable for a small forum.

I don't like Proboards forum software, I'm sorry. I'm a fan of Xenforo only and never into any free software for setting up forums. I'm never comfortable with using any free service software.