• Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
  • I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post

New Limitations on Conversations

Dan

Admin
Staff member
I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations.

Thanks.

Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Then the user can at least check if the user is using duplicate accounts. Also, especially with XenForo licenses, if they don't have a WTS XenForo thread, it is probably because the license is not transferrable.
Thanks for your opinion though.

John Mooney

Then the user can at least check if the user is using duplicate accounts. Also, especially with XenForo licenses, if they don't have a WTS XenForo thread, it is probably because the license is not transferrable.
Thanks for your opinion though.
A simple Cookie Change(delete), new IP Or VNC and the duplicate check fails...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Correct. Not sure why you are fighting this but it isn't to much to ask for. I do not look at conversations so I can't keep an eye on everyone who registers and just uses the conversation feature. I do however read every post on the forum which allows my staff and I to analyze what we see and dig deeper on any user we feel may be up to no good.

msamurai

Hi admin, I am trying to sell my market samurai. Thanks for this notification. I saw this message on top of my page and wanted to thank you

wEbAddEr

hmmm, don't know if works good, i did made a wtb and wanted after that send a pm... to you for your wtb and i cant send ya a pm :p