• Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
  • I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post

New Limitations on Conversations

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Today, 06:30
I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations.

Thanks.

Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Then the user can at least check if the user is using duplicate accounts. Also, especially with XenForo licenses, if they don't have a WTS XenForo thread, it is probably because the license is not transferrable.
Thanks for your opinion though.

John Mooney

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Today, 12:30
Then the user can at least check if the user is using duplicate accounts. Also, especially with XenForo licenses, if they don't have a WTS XenForo thread, it is probably because the license is not transferrable.
Thanks for your opinion though.
A simple Cookie Change(delete), new IP Or VNC and the duplicate check fails...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Correct. Not sure why you are fighting this but it isn't to much to ask for. I do not look at conversations so I can't keep an eye on everyone who registers and just uses the conversation feature. I do however read every post on the forum which allows my staff and I to analyze what we see and dig deeper on any user we feel may be up to no good.

Kegan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Thanks for this update! Glad to see admins taking care of scammers!

msamurai

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Today, 17:00
Hi admin, I am trying to sell my market samurai. Thanks for this notification. I saw this message on top of my page and wanted to thank you

wEbAddEr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local time
Today, 08:30
hmmm, don't know if works good, i did made a wtb and wanted after that send a pm... to you for your wtb and i cant send ya a pm :p