ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License transfer question

Tranquil

Valued Member
Hi, I want to buy a IP.B license. I want to know the difference between buying an original license under my name and buying an already purchased license off this forum.. I'm new to this!

Generally speaking, when you buy from the developer directly (which is the safest way to buy), you can transfer the license at a later date. When you buy a "second hand" license from someone here, it may not be able to be transferred/sold to a new owner. Second hand licenses are cheaper for this reason, they lose their resale value.

Generally speaking, when you buy from the developer directly (which is the safest way to buy), you can transfer the license at a later date. When you buy a "second hand" license from someone here, it may not be able to be transferred/sold to a new owner. Second hand licenses are cheaper for this reason, they lose their resale value.
So there's no loss in features or support when I buy a "second hand" license?

Not if the seller follows proper protocols and transfers the license to you through the developer. If the seller is telling you they will hand over the account and login details, stay far away from that person. It MUST be transferred per the rules of the respective developer.

Not if the seller follows proper protocols and transfers the license to you through the developer. If the seller is telling you they will hand over the account and login details, stay far away from that person. It MUST be transferred per the rules of the respective developer.
Oh, how do I know that the seller will send a ticket or notify the developers regarding the license transfer? Do I have to monitor him of his actions or? Can you provide me tips? Thanks!