Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

License transfer question

Discussion in 'IP.Board' started by Tranquil, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Tranquil

Tranquil New Member

Local Time:
    5:50 PM
    Hi, I want to buy a IP.B license. I want to know the difference between buying an original license under my name and buying an already purchased license off this forum.. I'm new to this!

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    3:50 AM
    Generally speaking, when you buy from the developer directly (which is the safest way to buy), you can transfer the license at a later date. When you buy a "second hand" license from someone here, it may not be able to be transferred/sold to a new owner. Second hand licenses are cheaper for this reason, they lose their resale value.

3. Tranquil

Tranquil New Member

Local Time:
    So there's no loss in features or support when I buy a "second hand" license?

4. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Not if the seller follows proper protocols and transfers the license to you through the developer. If the seller is telling you they will hand over the account and login details, stay far away from that person. It MUST be transferred per the rules of the respective developer.

5. Tranquil

Tranquil New Member

Local Time:
    Oh, how do I know that the seller will send a ticket or notify the developers regarding the license transfer? Do I have to monitor him of his actions or? Can you provide me tips? Thanks!

6. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time: