Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

IPB Transfer Policy

Discussion in 'Invision Power Services' started by Dan, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Make a Private Offer
    Local Time:
    6:08 AM
    Although IPB doesn't officially allow transfers (Stone Age), apparently you can still sell your account details and allow the buyer to take over your account.

Read more about it HERE

2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Make a Private Offer
    Local Time:
    UPDATE Sept 10, 2012 - Invision now allows the transfer of licenses between members. I have been unable to find any "official" documentation to support this other than a post from a staff member on another site. The license must be at least 6 months old and may be subject to a $20 transfer fee. The details are pretty sketchy but as soon as I find out more, I will post.

3. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Make a Private Offer
    Local Time:
    First of all, here is a confirmation that there is a $20 fee per license:

[​IMG]

Secondly, I noticed people are offering to hand over the access to their IPS client accounts instead of using the License Transfer tool (such as http://extralicense.com/threads/ipb-license-ip-blog-premium-theme-50-00-usd-credit-funds.1470/).

In IPS Service Standards, under License Transfers it is clearly stated:
    This is noted here: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/391206-purchasing-used-ips-license/?p=2422644
    On the same thread, post #15 notes that the fee might vary depending if the license holder has received some sort of discount.
    At last licensed members at IPS have
    +
    Clients
    under their name, which is some sort of confirmation. (or it can be checked posts-wise).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.