ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phpfox Lifetime License Discussion

Dan

Valued Member
Sara from Moxi just emailed me to let you guys know the support does NOT transfer with this license.

This is NOT true for LIFETIME license.

You can transfert SUPPORT/UPGRADE whit a LIFETIME license.

I also purchase this from old owner and SUPPORT/UPGRADE is transfered.

Dan, please ask she about LIFETIME license.

This is only if you have for example 3 months of support/upgrade: you lost this.

But with lifetime license you can transfert support/upgrade: otherwise is like you lose this.

However: I can also not transfert but I can just give my account if you wish.

I am pretty sure that can be transfered, because as I said here, I purchase this license from an old owner.

I know data66 and you would take what she says with pliers, as often speaks but she does not know what to say.

Old owner write to me below message:

No that is not true.

Maybe new licenses now when they changed to Moxi9 but not the old ones.

This is not for lifetime licenses.

Legal it is impossible.

That's breaking a contract which is of course not legal by law (unless both parties agree which of course you do not agree).

When they sold it as lifetime free updates and free support they can not change it as soon as you buy it under these conditions.

A few years ago 9i think 2011) they stopped selling lifetime licenses and in their blog post they stated that current lifetime licenses will remain lifetime free updates and free support.

However, as I said previously, I can give my account since I don't need it anymore.

What he said make a lot of sense, but I'm surprise that phpfox/moxi9 pull some trick like this since lately they been changing everything.

Why don't you ask in a support ticket and let us know here.

I going to wait for the official response, because I been with phpfox since 2006 I own 5 Lifetime licenses myself. that been said nothing surprise me I see it all over the years.

Regards

Ask a lawyer.

I'm 99,9999% sure you'll win + they must pay for all legal stuff (court, lawyers, etc.).

Once you buy a product under particular conditions, they can NOT change it afterwards.

That's breaking a contract and is illegal.

Simple as that.

They can change their TOS for new customers but NOT for existing licenses.

Also they must allow selling of software license to EU citizens, highest EU court said.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2505356/it-management/eu-court-rules-resale-of-used-software-licenses-is-legal----even-online.html

http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2012-07/cp120094en.pdf

The software and its license (thus, INCLUDING lifetime free updates and lifetime support) remains the same once you sell it to somebody else.

Official document from EU court: http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2012-07/cp120094en.pdf

You can click "full text" in the PDF to read the verdict from the court completely.

You MUST allow your customers to sell their licenses to other people.

I got confused too. Sara sent me same email mentioning that there will be no lifetime thingy. I asked her back, "What about existing previous "lifetime" owners?"

She did not reply me yet. :(

I got a reply:

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to us.

You can transfer the license, but it won't transfer support and upgrades with it.

Happy New Year! We hope that your PHPfox Social Website will have a prosperous 2015!

Sincerely,

Sara

Sales Moxi9 Team
I'm going to make sure she understand that were talking about licenses before the 2009 changes.

Hello,

You can transfer the license, but it won't transfer support and upgrades with it.

Happy New Year! We hope that your PHPfox Social Website will have a prosperous 2015!

Sincerely,

Sara

Sales Moxi9 Team
As you can read this is CLEARLY a contract breach!

PHPfox do this because they might think that 99,99% of their customers worldwide won't start a legal case to force them anyway.

You should consult a real lawyer and i'm 99,99% sure he shares my opinion about this.

This is clearly illegal and contract breach.

But at least we all know now that this company is shady and should be avoided at all costs!

It's sneaky, shady and very unprofessional business habits from them.

A long term company actually wouldn't do such shady practices.

You expect things like this from a new company that have no business experience, not from a company that exist since 2005(?).

If someone is intereseted in this license, I will give my account, in this case there is not any transfert of license.

As you can read this is CLEARLY a contract breach!PHPfox do this because they might think that 99,99% of their customers worldwide won't start a legal case to force them anyway.

You should consult a real lawyer and i'm 99,99% sure he shares my opinion about this.

This is clearly illegal and contract breach.

But at least we all know now that this company is shady and should be avoided at all costs!

It's sneaky, shady and very unprofessional business habits from them.

A long term company actually wouldn't do such shady practices.

You expect things like this from a new company that have no business experience, not from a company that exist since 2005(?).

If someone is intereseted in this license, I will give my account, in this case there is not any transfert of license.

I Agree with you, I seen all type of issues for the last 9 years I been with them.

Here is the last email I got After I send them the link you provided.

Hello,

We changed the terms for all and future license holder. The articles states that we need to allow resale of used license within Europe, which we allow as we allow license transfer.

Your attorney is free to contact our legal attorney if you wish to take this further as I'm not authorised to discuss with clients regarding legal terms.

Sincerely,

Sara

Sales Moxi9 Team

www.moxi9.com

I'm very new here so I might be asking some naive questions.

I'm very much interested in buying the ultimate phpfox license but I need to understand the following:

1. isn't every phpfox license purchased through moxi9/phpfox for lifetime? are there licenses that have limited duration

2.is there such thing as unlimited/lifetime support and upgrade?

3. does phpfox allow transfer of licnese?

4. if I agree with kamov at a price, how is the transaction be conducted? who products the right of both parties?

This is NOT true for LIFETIME license.
You can transfert SUPPORT/UPGRADE whit a LIFETIME license.

I also purchase this from old owner and SUPPORT/UPGRADE is transfered.
You have to keep in mind that over the pass 1-2 years php fox has been sold to a company called Maxi9 & they have changed not only the price of PHP Fox but rules & policys that go with them & one policy they changed was if we buy a php fox licence the support & upgrade plan the old owner has will not transfer to the new owner witch means who ever buys your licence will not get lifetime upgrades or support

Guys before you buy this keep in mind that php fox now will let you download any version within your version family. As an example, if you purchase a license when its in v4, you can download any version within version 4.

Once they reache the version 5 you can purchase an upgrade to this version and does not cost the full price of the product.

So if this is the case paying $500 or more for a Lifetime license is not really worth it when you can find PHP Fox Community Licenses for $100-$300 that are V3 & pay the $50 upgrade fee once they reach V4

However if you need support a licence with Lifetime upgrades & support may be the best way to go just keep in mind that php fox will not give you Lifetime Upgrades & Support if you have them transfer the licence to you & the only way to do this without having them transfer it is to have whoever you buy the license from give you their account so you can login & update the account infomation to your infomation & this is a big risk because the person you buy the licence from can take your $ & run so if I was to do this I would try to work it out so they give you the account before payment or let you put 50% down then give you the account after you login update your infomation you would then pay the other 50%

I am pretty sure (200%) that @Adam Ali is DATA66 of phpfox.

Just for those who don't know data66 is this horrible person here: http://about.me/data66

She is worse than a viper.

Now she is trying to promote phpfox via this forum by discouraging other to buy lifetime license.

As always your dishonesty stands out anywhere.

Anyone who is really interested in this purchase, we can do transaction via Admin of this forum.

You can send money to Admin of this forum, and once you receive my account, Admin of this forum

will send to me the money, or return back to you.