Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Introducing the Classified System

Discussion in 'Hear Ye Hear Ye' started by Dan, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    We are pleased to introduce a new way to buy, sell and trade on Extra License. Introducing, Classifieds.

Before I go into details, keep in mind that this system is still in the beat phase, so there may be some bugs that need worked out. If you encounter a bug, please report it in our bugs Forum.

Now on to the features. When you are creating a listings, you will have to choose what you want to do. If you want to sell XenForo, choose: Selling XenForo
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.19.05 PM.png

Next, Fill in all the required information like the title and description:
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.21.56 PM.png

The next section details the license options such as if there is a transfer fee, who pays for the transfer fee and expiration date:
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.23.12 PM.png

Next, you will be asked for a Price. In this example, how much are you selling the XenForo license for.
    Choose the package you want. For normal licenses, there are 2 different packages to choose from: Basic and Premium. More on those below. Finally, upload and photos if you want and click Create Classified.

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.24.59 PM.png

The Packages. The Basic package is free to list any license. The advert duration is 30 days, meaning the listing will only be active for 30 days, however you have unlimited renewals if your license is bought, sold or traded within those 30 days.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.31.21 PM.png

The Premium Package Duration is 120 days and cost $10.00 to list any license. Buy purchasing the Premium Listing, your listing will automatically be featured and listed first before any of the Basic Listings. Again, you have unlimited renewals but each renewal will cost $10.00.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.33.33 PM.png

Once your listing is created, it will automaticall create a thread in the corresponding forum with the proper prefix.
    Here is a view from the Classifieds index page as well as the details of the controls you have over your listing:
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.43.16 PM.png

As viewed from the forum:
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.43.54 PM.png

And finally a detailed view of the post:

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.44.33 PM.png

Offering Web Hosting? I haven't forgot about you guys. There is a hosting section with it's own Package. You can still offer your hosting here to our members, but it is going to cost you to do so. The Hosting package will cost you $5.00 per 30 days. There are no renewals with this package so if you wish, you may create a new listing every 30 days for $5.00.

In closing, I hope you like the new format and encourage you to create your listings (if you have one currently in the forum) in the classifieds section.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Let me know what you think!

3. Sami

Sami Formerly SiLeNt

Local Time:
    7:01 AM
    So nice.. Excellent Job.. :)

4. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    Manage your own Listings. When you have sold your license, mark your listing as sold:

Sold.png

Or When you have Bought your license, Mark as Bought:

bought.png

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    I should point out that this system is in beta and there are many more functions to come. Specifically, since I received a report about it, when you purchase a "Featured" classified, there will be an area above the classified list that will display, more prominently, featured classifieds. Currently this is not implemented but coming soon ;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  6. Kintaro

Kintaro New Member

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    So I'm going to test Classified in a production environment... and maybe sell my vb4 publishing suite license! :D

7. Scooby

Scooby Active Member

Local Time:
    11:01 PM
    Excellent addition to your already great site Dan! You may not hear it much, but I myself and many others appreciate this site! Fantastic job!(y)

8. ENO

ENO New Member

Local Time:
    11:01 AM
    So nice.. Excellent Job.. :)

9. Druszcz

Druszcz New Member

Local Time:
    2:01 AM
    How can i validate my xenforo license to sell?

10. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time: