Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

how do you verify the buyer wont charge back

Discussion in 'Way Off Topic' started by BookMarc, Jul 26, 2013.

1. BookMarc

BookMarc New Member

Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    since i am planning to sell my license

how do i make sure the buyer doesnt do a charge back?

Thanks

2. QenTox

QenTox New Member

Local Time:
    5:15 PM
    To be honest I think PayPal doesn't protect you when you are selling services so you have nothing to worry about really.

3. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
    There isn't any guarantee with Paypal, hence why we suggest using escrow.com as a middle man.

4. Mrchris

Mrchris Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If even bitcoin is decent as well coinbase.com is bitcoin provider granted escrow or just well known member of the forum is always good start.
    paypal is nice but granted in the wrong hands of people these days they will scam you as fast you can say aww crap. :) As for escrow.com is very trusted as well I highly recommend it. I've done one transaction through them thought the guy was going to scam me however it turned out in my favor and the escrow company stood beside me all along.

5. Ronald

Ronald New Member

Local Time:
    11:15 AM
    I just signed up for escrow, is it better than Paypal..

I have used Paypal for years and never went wrong..

6. Licensecart

Licensecart Member

Local Time:
    4:15 PM
    Trust, but if they do contact the licensor, like if you sold a vb, show them the proof that they did a chargeback.

That's why I only buy from distributors or the company themselves. Less risk involved.

7. Imran520

Imran520 New Member

Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    The buyer requests a chargeback from their credit card company. The credit card company notifies PayPal's merchant bank and debits the funds from PayPal.

8. Ronald

Ronald New Member

Local Time:
    11:15 AM
    Chance you take..

This does happen and I say quite often, by unworthy buyers..

9. Mrchris

Mrchris Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What I do when some one wants to buy high priced item from me I usually research there name on goggle. cause most people who scam usually have public site compliants

10. efelony

efelony New Member

Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    As far as I know Paypal disputes with digital or non tangible items are buyers risk.
    A little bit of trust and a little bit of common sense will be your best bets.

Search usernames, email addresses, Check IP addresses.

If someone can hardly speak English, their profile says Michigan and the ip is from the Czech. Your sale probably won't end in your favor ;)