Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

How do you host your site?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Nov 2, 2015.

Tags:

Dedicated, VPS, Shared, Cloud?

1. Dedicated

11.1%
  2. VPS

55.6%
  3. Shared

33.3%
  4. Cloud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other, please explain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    11:39 AM
    Just want to get a general idea of our members hosting. Do you use a dedicated server? VPS? Shared? Not interested in who you host with, just your package.

2. vbguy

vbguy Moderator Staff Member

Local Time:
    12:39 PM
    I don't really understand the difference between them all, I usually choose the cheapest which usually turns out to be shared..
    So I usually just choose shared !

3. Crystaltk

Crystaltk New Member

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    I've been using a low end VPS since April, but I was using a shared plan before that. I upgraded due to a big increase in traffic on my site. :)

4. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    11:39 AM
    Congrats!! (y)

5. Crystaltk

Crystaltk New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks!

6. Zyne

Zyne New Member

Local Time:
    I was using a VPS but since the site is no longer active, switched it to a shared hosting for the new domain.

7. robert bailey

robert bailey New Member

Local Time:
    There is vps hosting which gives you more flexibility in terms of what you can do with your website. Shared hosting is good for those who don't want the hassle of sifting through vigorous configuration and security parameters. I choose to respond to your post because I am a new member, looking to buy a license...and I have experience with VPS and shared ;)

8. dice

dice New Member

Local Time:
    Generally shared to start. Financially it's the way to go and I often keep local backups of my work. When or if it excels, I will then migrate it to a VPS or Dedicated, to a cloud even,

9. Ryan M.

Ryan M. New Member

Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    I've been using a VPS, since there is a lot more flexibility in terms of running other software like the server for a multiplayer game I am working on.