ExtraLicense - Buy, Sell, & Trade Your Licenses

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Look For In A Forum?

T

tommykai0210

Thread Owner: tommykai0210
Before you register at a forum, what are some features you look for?

The first thing I look at is the software. I will join forum using any software but I just have a few preferences. The activity is the second thing I look at. I usually don't like insanely active communities unless they have a benefit like Forum Promotion does. The last thing I look at is the theme. If it doesn't look good on the eyes I won't register.

I like when the forum has a wide variety of topics and vivid discussions.

Just when the comment forum is comfortable.

I'm very more comfortable being a member on a forum that's set up using XenForo. I find it very difficult to be in a forum set up with vbulletin. I can manage WordPress but I try to avoid it if I can.

I don't have any problems with the forum software used by the forum owner. As long as it's not breaking and the forum isn't full of ads, I'm very comfortable to be on it.

The theme is what I first see before anything and I could be more motivated to Join if they discuss topic's that are of interest to me on the forum.

Before I would register on any website, I am going to make sure that the activities on the website is something that I would be interested in taking part in otherwise I don't see any reason why I should get register on the website in the first place.

I like when the forum has a wide variety of topics and vivid discussions.

Just when the comment forum is comfortable.
The moment I join any forum and there isn't much content for me to engage in, I would find it very difficult to stay on the board for a long time.

Also, I hate dealing with admins or mods that are a pain in the ass. I can't stand them at all. I will leave the forum immediately.