Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here | Advertise Here
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention buyers: Please take the time to read THIS
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I have imposed a new requirement today limiting who can start and receive private conversations. This is in an effort to thwart scammers who have a zero post count but private message others offering to sell their licenses. The restriction is not strict, a user must post at least one (1) post in the forum before being allowed to start and/or receive private conversations. Read Forum Post
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Introducing the new Classifieds Section

Please see HERE for more info.

Has anyone used or is using Woltlab Burning Board

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bala, Jan 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bala

Bala Member

Local Time:
    7:55 PM
    Have any of you guys used or are using Woltlab burning board especially version 4 of it? How has it been?

2. Stijl

Stijl New Member

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    There are too many other options available, I've worked on a few installs and have to say it's well built and supported but not the most popular with the "forum" crowd.

3. Dan

Dan Admin Staff Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    Always wondered why this was. I have never played with it but I would guess it can't be that great, otherwise you would hear more about it.

4. Stijl

Stijl New Member

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    And at $89 a license it's painful, you would be better off with phpBB and upgrading once your community became popular or pay $50 more and get a xenforo license. I remember using ikon board (showing my age here) which became invision power and burning board was an option as well but just not as exciting, not only to the webmasters but also members.

I've learned the hard way that forum members like doodads to personalize their community with; IMO the big three vB, IPB and xF are the cores to have, worth the investment for the long run and great resale in the future.

5. Mrchris

Mrchris Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    Heard of it never did play with it thought I may check it out for kicks. It looks nice and different.